Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help finding a photo of one of my relatives who served

Article about: Hi everyone. About 2 hours ago, my last living relative who served in the war passed away at the age of 93, almost 94. He served in the 1372nd Red Banner Rifle Regiment, in the 417th Infantr

Default Need help finding a photo of one of my relatives who served

Hi everyone. About 2 hours ago, my last living relative who served in the war passed away at the age of 93, almost 94. He served in the 1372nd Red Banner Rifle Regiment, in the 417th Infantry Division. I was going to meet him for the first time next summer as we were planning to go back to Moscow, but now it's too late. Anyways, I would absolutely love to find a photo of him in uniform if possible. I have searched up his name and info on tons of sites, to no result. I know that you can find photos of officers, but as far as I know, he was a private. I would really like to find a photo so I can show my family, especially my grandmother. I have already checked all the family photo books that we have but found nothing. Here is more information about him: https://pamyat-naroda.ru/heroes/podv...denie44846596/

So I guess I am asking: Is there any way to find a photograph of him?

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help finding a photo of one of my relatives who served
    P
    Many

As far as I know no photos from privates are in the archives. Even not all officers are in the archives (had some research done but his officer card was without photo - and this happens more often what I've been told). So I'm afraid the only way is to find this is through family.