Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Source of Life Well, Leningrad

Article about: I notice this memorial as I was walking in Primorsky, St Petersburg. The inscription reads...' Here in the harsh years of the blockade there was a well, a source of life' Nick

Default Source of Life Well, Leningrad

I notice this memorial as I was walking in Primorsky, St Petersburg.
    The inscription reads...' Here in the harsh years of the blockade there was a well, a source of life'

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Source of Life Well, Leningrad   Source of Life Well, Leningrad  

Source of Life Well, Leningrad  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Source of Life Well, Leningrad
    P
    Many

Very interesting. I really need to go to St. Peterburg myself again. It's been too long and with your travel/trip threads you've showed here on the forum you showed me some mandatory places to visit next time. Thanks for that

I visited/met my 3rd cousins for the first time this past May when I went to Russia for the first time. They live in St. Petersburg, and I told them about u hobby and how I collect Soviet WWII items. We (my family and theirs) we’re walking down Nevsky prospect, when I asked “where are the memorials for the siege? I would like to take a picture of one”. To which he responded “Look around us. See how there is a mix of modern and old buildings? Those new buildings are the memorials. They were all built over the bombed and destroyed houses”. I looked around, and more than half of the building I saw were newer.

I just wanted to share this little story as I thought it would fit well with this thread.
    Last edited by PapaStalin1943; 10-22-2019 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Capitalization