Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

3rd pattern The Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knive??

Article about: Hi. I don't primarily collect Allied, but was offered this for 30 euros, and I like how it looks. I did some research on the knife. It's 3rd patter late war one with a heavy blade. It has th

Default 3rd pattern The Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knive??

Hi. I don't primarily collect Allied, but was offered this for 30 euros, and I like how it looks. I did some research on the knife. It's 3rd patter late war one with a heavy blade. It has the number "3" on the nob on the end. I found the "thumb rule", if there's a number it's war-time, no number it's a postwar made. I'd still like a second opinion, especially on the scabbard.

The scabbard looks good to me. Can you post more clear and closer picture of the blade and cross-guard? I’m not seeing the “heavy blade” from the pictures you posted.

I already bought it for 15 + shipping. I can't get any more pictures, because it's already packaged. I did some more research and heavy blades have a notch on the blade. So the one in the picture is a thinner machine-ground blade? sorry for the false info on the post about the blade. Ill get better pictures when it arrives
    Attached Images Attached Images 3rd pattern The Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knive?? 

Yes correct it is a machine ground blade. The “heavy blades” are the earlier forged blades. They don’t have a notch but a flat diamond shape on the rib of the blade just past the cross guard. Looks like you got a good deal on it congrats. Looking forward to more pictures when you get it in hand.