Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

3rd type, messed about, but is it ww2 or post?

Article about: Hi, This is my 5th F-S and i got it cheap at £5 plus a van load of cardboard to the tip. Annoyed from this ads?   It has clearly been messed about with - cross gaurd removed and a new n

ILH
    ?

Default 3rd type, messed about, but is it ww2 or post?

Hi, This is my 5th F-S and i got it cheap at £5 plus a van load of cardboard to the tip.

It has clearly been messed about with - cross gaurd removed and a new nut on the pommel. Wether this was done by the initial recipient or later is almost certainly unproveable, but it would be nice to know if this was once a ww2 example or not.

Thanks, Jim.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3rd type, messed about, but is it ww2 or post?   3rd type, messed about, but is it ww2 or post?  

Hi Jim, is there a mold number on the handle near the pommel end? If not then the knife is post war vintage. If there is one, and assuming the blade is original to the handle, then you have a late wartime production 3rd Pattern with "thin" machine ground blade. The scabbard with brass rivets is a late war type and would be correct for the knife.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

This is likely the same as this one I have posted previously.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/fairb...fe-2-a-399823/
    It has mold #2 on the handle as well as stamped on the guard. It is also stamped on the guard "Verture, HM Slater, Sheffield"
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3rd type, messed about, but is it ww2 or post?  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)