Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

British commando dagger

Article about: Hi, I beg to differ with Time Bandit about the F/S, knives having no markings, the military issue knives have markings across the quillion ( hand guard ) i have an unissued Nato issue knife.

?

Default British commando dagger

This is a nice dagger i picked up at the flea market for $60 ! let me know what you think. it has a marking under the hand guard that reads "sheffield england".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British commando dagger   British commando dagger  

British commando dagger   British commando dagger  

Default Re: British commando dagger

I'm no expert, but it kind of looks the the #2 commando knife I have except mine does not have that line running down the side of the handle, but otherwise it looks almost the same, but I will leave it to the experts,but if it is then you grabbed a 200.00 knife cheap! best of luck I hope thats what you got. my eyes are not the best, but on top is that a brass nut, or is it made into the handle? I'm not the best to be asking, but I'm pretty sure if it's a nut, then it is older, I know I bought a newer knife, the handle was all solid.

?

i got the same answer from a friend whos in love with these things and actually saw it the day before at the swap meet. he said he really wanted to get it but the guy was asking over $100 for it. when i saw it ,the guy was asking $75 and i told him id walk around and think it over. a little later he saw me buy a chainsaw and said he'd give it to me for $60! so i popped on it. my friend said its also a no.2 design. Thanks for the info! ~Dean

?

you are correct! it is a round nut and not a part of the handle. i also bought from the same guy a german 2nd class wound badge and a german canteen($60 for both).

Quote by totenkopfDean View Post
    you are correct! it is a round nut and not a part of the handle. i also bought from the same guy a german 2nd class wound badge and a german canteen($60 for both).
    sweet, you snagged some deals today, the only difference on my #2 knife is right over the hand gaurd, well thats what I call it, it has a II, then a little down pointing arrow & only says England on top of the handgaurd, , but they look the same, good snag on everything you bought, I payed about 40 bucks just for a wound badge, but I love those things, good deal man, I can't ever find anything cheap, oh well. welcome to the forums also. oh yeah look on ebay, any ww2 British commando knife starts out at 200.00, scabbard , or not.

?

thats cool, ive seen the same marks you described on a dagger on ebay. id be willing to trade this dagger for a wehrmacht officers dagger with yellow/orange handle! i used to have one but it was stolen!

?

hey, check out the m42 helmet i scored! its labeled "od green textured m42"

thats cool, ive seen the same marks you described on a dagger on ebay. id be willing to trade this dagger for a wehrmacht officers dagger with yellow/orange handle! i used to have one but it was stolen!
    that ***** I hate people that steal, but no, I have 2 commando knives & 1 scabbard, so I really don't need another one, my other one has glove leather hand sewn on the handle& the handguard is brass & has the makers name stamped on it, Ilike the helmet, I only have my SS helmet, but I got it restored, so now I regret that, but thats life, but I have about 5 or 6 m-1 american helmets, ones a para, & 1 cherry British helmet. you snatched up some nice stuff today, you must be in Europe, it's hard to find anything in america, unless you take your chances on ebay, or every now & then I find a thing or 2. BY the way if it's waffen SS, that is my favorite stuff. I like helmets & bayonets& other edged weapons. well then again also my rifles, m-1 carbine, broken right now, a mauser & an ak-47. keep getting those deals, best of luck.
    Last edited by crazy horse; 10-19-2010 at 04:26 AM.

?

thats cool! i have a mosin nagant(finnish civil guard model) the finns took the reds guns and re-tooled them. i also have a wichester 1929 model 12 -16 guage pump action. those are my best. the rest are ok...mossburg 12 guage, .22 semi-auto pistol,kinda looks like a p-38. i also have a bunch of ss stuff. i have a panzer officers m43 in great condition,its a size 54! small! must have been late war when they were using kids and stuff. i have a diamond shaped SD patch. ss cufflinks,ss armband..not sure if it was issued because its not sewn together. and many many more things.. if you inquire i will show more! nice ss helmet by the way..yeah too bad about the restoration,oh well, im thinking about putting a used liner in mine.

thats cool! i have a mosin nagant(finnish civil guard model) the finns took the reds guns and re-tooled them. i also have a wichester 1929 model 12 -16 guage pump action. those are my best. the rest are ok...mossburg 12 guage, .22 semi-auto pistol,kinda looks like a p-38. i also have a bunch of ss stuff. i have a panzer officers m43 in great condition,its a size 54! small! must have been late war when they were using kids and stuff. i have a diamond shaped SD patch. ss cufflinks,ss armband..not sure if it was issued because its not sewn together. and many many more things.. if you inquire i will show more! nice ss helmet by the way..yeah too bad about the restoration,oh well, im thinking about putting a used liner in mine.
    the SS armband you are talking about, now I'm not an expert, but I have seen them pinned together instead of sewn together. nice guns , yeah I wish I had left my helmet the way it was, but that stuff is hard to find where I live, the liner was gone, etc, oh well it's been done. anyway if it's waffen SS, then I love it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast