Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

fairbairn sykes identification.................................... .........................................

Article about: hi guys i'm new here so be nice, my grandad picked this unusual dagger up at a car boot off of a young lad 20ish and he said it had belonged to his granddad who was in the royal marines band

connor
    ?

Question fairbairn sykes identification.................................... .........................................

hi guys i'm new here so be nice, my grandad picked this unusual dagger up at a car boot off of a young lad 20ish and he said it had belonged to his granddad who was in the royal marines band. he also received a pewter tankard with the markings royal marine band f.o.f.3 1979-1987. any help would be great even if you get me a price for it. the pictures tell it all. cheers ps the guard is marked with 'sheffield england' and an arrow. sorry for poor quality pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fairbairn sykes identification.................................... .........................................   fairbairn sykes identification.................................... .........................................  

fairbairn sykes identification.................................... .........................................   fairbairn sykes identification.................................... .........................................  

Default Re: fairbairn sykes identification.................................... .........................................

Hi Connor, welcome to the forum!

The knife is a fairly modern issue example. (I only collect and study WW2 material) The Royal Marines cap badge (of WW2 design) has been added to it to customise it. It should not be there.

No idea on values sorry.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!