Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Identification help - sorry post duplicated somehow..

Article about: Hi All This is my first post and I’m here for some opinions on a knife I recently acquired. To me (and I am by noooooo means an expert!), it looks like a second pattern knife. Of course th

?

Default Identification help - sorry post duplicated somehow..

Hi All

This is my first post and I’m here for some opinions on a knife I recently acquired. To me (and I am by noooooo means an expert!), it looks like a second pattern knife. Of course that doesn’t mean its original. There are a few things I’m not sure about though and it would be great to get your opinions.

Attachment 1434046

In no particular order, the inspection stamp on the hilt reads to me as a partial broad arrow pointing towards the cross guard and either a 6 or 9 Which way up should I be reading this?

Attachment 1434044

Also, is it fair to assume that given that the arrow is partial, I could be missing another digit too?

The only marks I can see on the cross guard are what read to me as a partial crown and arrow with a serifed I or a 1. Or maybe it’s a B and an arrow, not a crown…can anybody see anything different here and/or does this tell us anything?

Attachment 1434047

Also the ‘F S’ logo is on one side of the blade, while the other is blank – I think I read somewhere that Wilkinson Sword had a monopoly on this logo, but can’t see any of their markings elsewhere on the knife. However, having a quick poke around this forum, that assertion seems to be completely untrue – correct?

Attachment 1434048

Lastly I’ve read here that fakes often have overly-thick cross guards? What qualifies as overly thick? I’m getting a reading of somewhere in the 3.5mm range on this knife…

Thanks in advance folks!

Cheers
    Last edited by BabyJ; 08-11-2020 at 07:16 PM. Reason: post duplicated