Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Late War 3rd Pattern Fairbairn-Sykes

Article about: Hi All Picked this up yesterday whilst I was out looking over the militaria section of a small local antiques shop, the owner asked if I was interested in that sort of stuff, I told him that

Default Late War 3rd Pattern Fairbairn-Sykes

Hi All

Picked this up yesterday whilst I was out looking over the militaria section of a small local antiques shop, the owner asked if I was interested in that sort of stuff, I told him that of course I was and he brought this out from under the counter in a box of stuff.

I believe it's a late war third pattern from my research but I'm here to learn.

It's not in the best condition but I didn't want to pass on it for what it was offered at. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Late War 3rd Pattern Fairbairn-SykesLate War 3rd Pattern Fairbairn-SykesLate War 3rd Pattern Fairbairn-SykesLate War 3rd Pattern Fairbairn-SykesLate War 3rd Pattern Fairbairn-SykesLate War 3rd Pattern Fairbairn-SykesLate War 3rd Pattern Fairbairn-SykesLate War 3rd Pattern Fairbairn-SykesLate War 3rd Pattern Fairbairn-SykesLate War 3rd Pattern Fairbairn-Sykes

Matt K

Matt,
    You are correct. It is exactly as you thought, a late war 3rd pattern knife
    and as you said, "not in the best condition" but still very collectable.

Good find.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply, I was just shocked to have it presented to me from a box under the counter. The same day I'd been to a clock repair shop and found a pair of 1917 German Feldglas08 binolculars sat on a table, couldn't believe my luck to then have a fairbairn-sykes on an off chance stop by in a small shop.

Matt K

Sounds like you had a good day.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

I like days like that