MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Two FS knives bought for $130 ,your thoughts on one of them please

Article about: Bought two FS knives each from different sellers this week. One I know is a 3rd Patt with England on crossgaurd and a number 4 mould mark. Unfortunately I did not have a scabbard but for \\$10

?

Default Two FS knives bought for $130 ,your thoughts on one of them please

Bought two FS knives each from different sellers this week. One I know is a 3rd Patt with England on crossgaurd and a number 4 mould mark. Unfortunately I did not get a scabbard but for $100 I thought it was a good deal. Second knife looks suspect to me being chromed and all but is the scabbard ok. No markings of kind any on this knife or scabbard. If this scabbard is ok would it pair up with the first knife. Paid $30 for the brass one. thanks for your help !! Neil.Two FS knives bought for 0 ,your thoughts on one of them pleaseTwo FS knives bought for 0 ,your thoughts on one of them please The grip on the brass knife if smaller than the other and its scabbard is longer also. Rivets are steel not brass

The dark one is probably late war/early post war, if it's the one with the "4" and England marks, but really need closeup photos if you want to confirm authenticity. The brass grip one looks like a reproduction of some sort.

The black one is an original late war piece and the other is a reproduction and
    I think the sheath is a repro as well.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Also know as "Commando" knives? Had one years back but was a repro.

The scabbard is either 1960's or later, or reproduction. I checked 2 Books for it.

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    The dark one is probably late war/early post war, if it's the one with the "4" and England marks, but really need closeup photos if you want to confirm authenticity. The brass grip one looks like a reproduction of some sort.
    Thanks Anderson, I suspected the brass grip knife was a repro but so cheap I took a chance on it. Probably an Indian knock off but still good quality. Neil.

Still a good buy for the money Neil.