Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wilkinson Second Pattern Fairbairn Sykes Knife

Article about: I was recently able to add this example to my collection. It is a second pattern with a blued hilt and polished blade and still retains nice etchings on both sides, although they are missing

Default Wilkinson Second Pattern Fairbairn Sykes Knife

I was recently able to add this example to my collection. It is a second pattern with a blued hilt and polished blade and still retains nice etchings on both sides, although they are missing most of the blueing. The blade is full length and has not lost any of the tip. It has been used and sharpened. The sheath is missing the chape and mounting straps. The sheath is stamped with a number "2" on the reverse.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wilkinson Second Pattern Fairbairn Sykes Knife   Wilkinson Second Pattern Fairbairn Sykes Knife  

Wilkinson Second Pattern Fairbairn Sykes Knife   Wilkinson Second Pattern Fairbairn Sykes Knife  

Wilkinson Second Pattern Fairbairn Sykes Knife   Wilkinson Second Pattern Fairbairn Sykes Knife  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Such an iconic knife. Nice one Ralph.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Good looking knife and genuine piece, I have one almost identical to this and it is a great item to have in a collection.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Such an iconic knife. Nice one Ralph.........!
    Thank you Steve!
    It's a good thing double edged knives are not illegal here.
    I really like these as well, I now have four.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Lugerlout View Post
    Good looking knife and genuine piece, I have one almost identical to this and it is a great item to have in a collection.
    Thank you!
    These don't show up around here very often at such a good price, I couldn't turn it down.
    Ralph.

Great dagger Ralph
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Great dagger Ralph
    Thanks Greg!
    Ralph.

Well, I decided to make a new display case and keep all of these together. I have two second patterns, one nickel plated. I have two third patterns and one post war as a filler until I am able to find another vintage one. I have also saved a spot for a first pattern as I am determined that I will have one some day.
    Ralph.

Getting a little crowded over in this corner.

Love the nickel 2nd Pattern. Gotta get me one of those one day!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast