Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Authentic M38 paratrooper helmet shell?

Article about: Hi, Recently noticed an M38 helmet shell for sale in auction, i am not sure should i bid on it, since i have no knowledge about this particular helmet model at all, have never even seen one

Default Authentic M38 paratrooper helmet shell?

Hi,

Recently noticed an M38 helmet shell for sale in auction, i am not sure should i bid on it, since i have no knowledge about this particular helmet model at all, have never even seen one in person and i am aware that they are popular to fake because of history and prestige. The helmet seems to been a relic that has been excavated- allthough i had seen myself and found items while metaldetecting in great condition, i dont exclude posibility that it might have been aged and buried for a while. It would be great to know if this one is the real deal, if someone can help me out?

With best regards,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authentic M38 paratrooper helmet shell?   Authentic M38 paratrooper helmet shell?  

Authentic M38 paratrooper helmet shell?   Authentic M38 paratrooper helmet shell?  

Authentic M38 paratrooper helmet shell?   Authentic M38 paratrooper helmet shell?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentic M38 paratrooper helmet shell?
    P
    Many

Hi there.

I would say this is a modern reproduction shell. The reasons are that the folded edge of the shell lacks the 'line' that runs around the inner fold/rim and the shell appears to lack the front 'dip'.

I hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Will.

MAP
    ?

I think it stands a chance of being legitimate. But photos are really bad. They are taken against a distracting background and are cropped too close to really be able to study the helmet.

Add to that, the condition of the helmet. Thereby in my view making it very difficult to give a strong opinion.

It however doesn't look like your typical ground dug helmet. Seems to be more of a surface find.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Willmore View Post
    Hi there.

I would say this is a modern reproduction shell. The reasons are that the folded edge of the shell lacks the 'line' that runs around the inner fold/rim and the shell appears to lack the front 'dip'.

I hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Will.
    Thanks, english isn't my native language, so might sound foolish that i'm asking, but what is the "dip"?

Thanks for the opinion.

M38
    ?

Pictures are not very clear but I do not like what I see. The rolled rim, the contours of the shell , and the front brim are all suspect in my opinion. I believe this is a reproduction shell that has been severely aged. Admittedly difficult one to call for sure from these photos.

Cheers,
    Terry

Allright, thank You, i will pass on this one in that case.

Quote by Oberschutze View Post
    Thanks, english isn't my native language, so might sound foolish that i'm asking, but what is the "dip"?
    The 'dip' occurs along the front rim of the helmet. When you look at the helmet full on from the front, you will notice that the helmet rim drops down slightly, Chinese copies do not have this feature, and the only reproduction I know of that does is the FJ Werke helmet made in the EU. But this one is only made in size 71.

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote by Estonian View Post
    Yes, that is the one. I didn't want to post any links or something that shows price- since i understood that prices aren't really mentioned in these topics.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast