Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fallschirmjäger Versuchshelm

Article about: Cheers everyone, I wanted to show off my new helmet I got in the mail this week. I found this on eBay being sold as a reproduction Fallschirmjager helmet. In reality, this is the scarce Bund

Default Fallschirmjäger Versuchshelm

Cheers everyone,

I wanted to show off my new helmet I got in the mail this week. I found this on eBay being sold as a reproduction Fallschirmjager helmet. In reality, this is the scarce Bundeswehr experimental Fallschirmjager helmet. From 1955 to 1961 the West German army experimented with around 12 various types of paratrooper helmets, this being the earliest. It looks very similar to its WWII counterpart with the exception of the crimped edge. There were only around 2400 of these helmets made, and most remained unissued.

Here is a great link for more information on these helmets: Four Bees: Fallschirmj

Cheers,
    Warbuff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjäger Versuchshelm   Fallschirmjäger Versuchshelm  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjäger Versuchshelm
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Don't know anything about these but if so a nice helmet to have. I like the concept of the evolution of a helmet. I just bought a PASGT to go with my WW1 and WW2 stahlhelms. Need to see the transition.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the reply MAP. I love it because this way I can own an original fallschirmjager helmet without spending thousands of dollars!

Cheers,
    Warbuff

Wow, that is clean. But knowing human nature, how long before someone else takes one of these, adds a fake decal, scratches it up, leaves it in the rain for a couple of years, then tries to sell it to a novice collector as TR era? The crimped edge is a dead giveaway, but someone will be fooled somewhere.

There is always a fool who is willing to part with his money, however without a rolled rim and lack of maker marks, a knowledgeable collector would not be fooled. There are not many people who know what this helmet is, which is why you see them being sold as reproductions from time to time. But with only 2400 being produced, they are fairly hard to come by, and I would buy every one I saw if I could (assuming the price is right

Hi Warbuff

sorry to say, but this helmet is a copy of a WW II Fallschirmjäger helmet. The website you postet, shows also copys of WW II Fallschirmjäger helmets.
    If you like some serious information, buy the second band of Ludwig Bears helmet book. There are a lot of informations and photos about Bundeswehr Fallschirmjäger helmets.

Some short facts. The experimental helmets was tested beetween 1958 - 1960. ...1955 the Bundeswehr do not exist!

The Bundeswehr helmet liner, which looks like the WWII liner is this one.

Kind regards
    Basti

Ogpsycho,

I appreciate your opinion, however I have to disagree with you. These bundeswehr fallschirmjager helmets were produced in two colors, blue and green. Very few of these helmets were actually issued which explains why there are many in unissued condition. The particular helmet you showed looks to be one of the issued helmet, which explains the condition of the helmet compared to mine. I seriously doubt that any faker would produce a fallschirmjager helmet with a crimped rim opposed to a rolled rim, as that would be an immediate red flag to a seasoned collector.

Can I aks you, which sources do you use?

Kind regards
    Basti

I have seen different threads on here and the WAF in which people have expressed positive feedback on these helmets. Just because there is a different helmet in a book, does not automatically make this helmet a reproduction. Do you have any hard evidence that proves this to be a reproduction other than the "100% factual" information you got from 1 book, or anything other than some pictures of someone else's helmet??

Quote by ogpsycho View Post
    The experimental helmets was tested beetween 1958 - 1960. ...1955 the Bundeswehr do not exist!
    The Bundeswehr was founded in late 1955. Who knows how many prototypes that havent been seen or have been made in just a few numbers exist.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast