Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Help finding an original fj helmet

Article about: Can anyone point me to a nice original German ww2 paratrooper helmet that is 2000 or less? I will consider buying anything but no relic helmets

Default Help finding an original fj helmet

Can anyone point me to a nice original German ww2 paratrooper helmet that is 2000 or less? I will consider buying anything but no relic helmets

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help finding an original fj helmet
    P
    Many

?

I doubt you will find one in that price range. This is the cheapest one I've seen for $3500 and it's a shell. Good luck

GWH-0117-KN WWII German M38 Fallschrimajager Helmet - - Military Antiques and Museum - $3499.99
    Regards, Al

MAP
    ?

Al is correct. Unfortunately even FJ shells or examples missing straps will run you close to $4k and more..... A top line FJ with full decal and intact straps, solid liner these days are now starting to approach $10k (edit: Retail).
    Last edited by MAP; 06-02-2022 at 04:40 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It seems that in all fields of collecting ( not just militaria ) the asking prices have skyrocketed in the last few years ..... and quite often they are achieving them!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The last complete German Paratrooper helmet I saw sold for $6.5K a few months back with a 70% decal and I thought that was a good deal. I would not recommend buying someone else's problem(s) in order to chase a dream. It took me over 20 years to get my first real paratrooper. I think DD's are still readily below $2k... I'd recommend buying something nice there.

M38
    ?

There are not many M38's on the market today and many are sold among friends before making it to the market. You will NOT find one for $2000 unless you "steal" one from a vet or his family. That rarely happens these days.

Giorgio currently has a well used late war ND for sale: ITALIANWARFRONT: GERMAN HELMETS

Good luck!

Terry

?

Shea has a nice no decal late war M38 for $7,300 and had a really nice decal version for a bit more that lasted all of 5 minutes once it was listed.

WWII German Model 1938 Paratrooper Helmet – The Ruptured Duck, LLC

Hicks also has a no decal FJ helmet for $6,000

Sharp Luftwaffe Paratrooper Helmet, Slotted Bolts - SS-Steel
    Regards, Al