Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed reading owners details in helmet

Article about: Picked up this helmet this week , it is marked inside with the owners details but i am having a problem reading it , to me looks like 7 Fallschirmjäger ? what do you think ?,thank you for an

Default Help needed reading owners details in helmet

Picked up this helmet this week , it is marked inside with the owners details but i am having a problem reading it , to me looks like 7 Fallschirmjäger ? what do you think ?,thank you for any help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed reading owners details in helmet   Help needed reading owners details in helmet  

Help needed reading owners details in helmet   Help needed reading owners details in helmet  

Help needed reading owners details in helmet   Help needed reading owners details in helmet  

Help needed reading owners details in helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed reading owners details in helmet
    P
    Many

Gefr. Adolf Gruber? I can also decipher "Regt"...This is a tough one for my eyes, hopefully someone else can add some better info...
    Great Score, well done!
    cheers, Glenn

Thank you Glen its a shame the chin strap is missing but still a nice helmet

There's a seller on Ebay offering an original chinstrap right now...
    Glenn

Hi Glen thank you i will take a look

Looking at this it looks to be I / fallschirm regt 4 and maybe his Field post number under that

Putting it under a black light might make the writing look brighter.

MAP
    ?

You can try manipulating the color and contrast as well. Trying different colors sometimes brings out different parts of the writing so it's like piecing together a jigsaw puzzle.

Look at this link for examples.

Reading a name...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)