Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I hope I've found my needle in a haystack? Fallshirm pics and authenticity question.

Article about: Name: 001.JPG  Views: 0  Size: 33.6 KB  ID: 1071715 class= thumbnail style= float:CONFIG /> This one looks quite period correct. Patina seems right. Decal makes me question. Y

Default I hope I've found my needle in a haystack? Fallshirm pics and authenticity question.

I hope I've found my needle in a haystack?  Fallshirm pics and authenticity question.I hope I've found my needle in a haystack?  Fallshirm pics and authenticity question.I hope I've found my needle in a haystack?  Fallshirm pics and authenticity question.I hope I've found my needle in a haystack?  Fallshirm pics and authenticity question.I hope I've found my needle in a haystack?  Fallshirm pics and authenticity question.I hope I've found my needle in a haystack?  Fallshirm pics and authenticity question.

This one looks quite period correct. Patina seems right. Decal makes me question. Your thoughts? And, thank you all.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I hope I've found my needle in a haystack?  Fallshirm pics and authenticity question.
    P
    Many

I will defer to others but this one seems to be artificially aged and distressed. NH

Looks like a total fake to me I am sorry to say

Not a needle , you found a bunch of hay in the haystack.

M38
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Not a needle , you found a bunch of hay in the haystack.
    Agree. 100% bad from the ground up.

Cheers,
    Terry

Sorry guys..but I can't learn from these posts....WHY (from these pics alone) does it look fake please?...just the top one or two reasons would help

I suspect this doesn't add to my personal popularity but I believe the "why" is important..or in this case the "why not"

one can review all the previous posts about a topic and look through the books but when a specific item is posted it's THAT one that's in focus...why not compare and contrast it with photos of all your own '38's to show the differences for instance??...just a thought....

'don't hate me.....'just tryin' to learn :-)

Ok here is a photo of mine , it makes it easy to see whats wrong with the first one shown
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I hope I've found my needle in a haystack?  Fallshirm pics and authenticity question.   I hope I've found my needle in a haystack?  Fallshirm pics and authenticity question.  

I hope I've found my needle in a haystack?  Fallshirm pics and authenticity question.   I hope I've found my needle in a haystack?  Fallshirm pics and authenticity question.  

I hope I've found my needle in a haystack?  Fallshirm pics and authenticity question.   I hope I've found my needle in a haystack?  Fallshirm pics and authenticity question.  

I hope I've found my needle in a haystack?  Fallshirm pics and authenticity question.  

Mate...thank you soooo much...this is exactly the sort of stuff that helps me (and others)..a compare and contrast.....and I'm v grateful for you taking the time to snap away as you have

You are welcome glad it helps

As I suggested early on, the helmet had telltale signs of artificial aging. Those signs include active areas of rusting, patterned scratches or rubbing on the shell, blackened brush marks on the liner and rough surfaces on the chin strap that appear to be made by a wire brush. When you have had the time to examine original examples, the wear patterns are much different. NH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast