Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

ideas

Article about: Is this a fake..! lower case ckl68 4056 liner band hake come away from the pins or rivets.

?

Default ideas

Is this a fake..! lower case ckl68 4056 Attachment 1427348Attachment 1427349Attachment 1427350Attachment 1427351Attachment 1427352Attachment 1427353liner band hake come away from the pins or rivets.Attachment 1427354

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ideas
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I do not like it at all. Shell shape is wrong. Look at the front brim that dips. Early bolts.

Will always defer to others on M38's. Especially on the interior components.

The Lot number is two digits off from my late war flared rim example. It is my understanding that these should all have the same lot number (#4054). Again, will defer to others if this is incorrect.

Compare profile to mine.

ideas
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Well im struggling to tell. If fake then it was cheap. Yes im aware of the flared rim lot numbers. But they all share the same lot number. There were standard rims produced after those lot numbers. According to the lot number database. I was surprised by the heavy weight. Im not saying original but , it has the tool marks the dip at the front. Not sure myself now.

?

I believe the shell to be original. Reason = lowercase ckl68 (no spacing) , front dip (should be a dip) , tooling (has tool line on inner edge) , steel thickness 1.5mm , approx weight 1.5kg with liner. I will be removing the liner at some point , as I believe the rest ie. paint , liner and chinstrap are aged repos. Although I believe liner band to be original.
    Also the seller was a middle aged woman , had no idea about helmets or militaria , she was told by her uncle it was aquired in france in the late 70's (which means nothing to me, as im only interested in the helmet shell).
    I offered her a few hundred pounds and she accepted.
    So not your obvious scam artist trying to make thousands.

M38
    ?

This is not a helmet I would want to buy or own. I agree, all the components are fake. Regarding the shell itself, I do not like the shape of the shell especially the flare of the skirt nor do I like the lot number stamping. Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

Cheers,
    Terry

?

What is wrong with the flare , standard rim ckl68. There a few on this forum exactly the same . I have compared and cant see and difference. Except for the few 4054 lot numbered extra flared rimed ones.

As far as I am aware there is currently only one type of fake FJ helmet shell that has the 'dip' to the front rim, and these are made in Europe. They are all stamped ET71 as well.
    This one might be a good one, the rim has the ridge running along its length... and the 'dip' looks as though it might be OK. Even if the liner is fake, the shell would still be worth having if it turns out to be a good one. I see it has a decal on the side, perhaps it should have been photographed and displayed for further verification.

Cheers,
    Steve

A please and a thanks never goes astray either!

?

It is to late for more pictures of the helmet as you see above.! I have today stripped the helmet , back to the bare metal. Was very easy as The paint was acrylic, which does not bind very well to metal.
    I will take more pictures tomorrow and post them here.
    I also do appreciate how difficult these helmets are to verify. I have over 30yrs experience collecting , M35's ,M40's and M42's. So for me , this is like being a beginner again , I have used the knowledge from collecting other helmets to actually , persuade myself to jump at this one. Obviously the very very low price helped me decide quickly.
    Thank you for , your patience.

?

P.s. the linerband is a size 71 that has had , the front rivets snapped. Which I also find a bit strange. Why would someone deliberately buy a size 71 liner band for a size 68 shell.?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast