MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

M38 - can please someone help us to tell us more about ?

Article about: Hello to other really skilled members (I am for sure not) Firstly pls let me all wish you happy new year! I would like to ask you for opinion about this helmet we received as addition to our

Default M38 - can please someone help us to tell us more about ?

Hello to other really skilled members (I am for sure not)
    Firstly pls let me all wish you happy new year!

I would like to ask you for opinion about this helmet we received as addition to our German motorcycle exposition in CZ, we try to build original KS750 military bike and we would like to display this helmet with it. We are no experts of any kind about helmets, for us is complete new world

Please could you tell us if it is real one? I know there is many fakes around, also what period it could be, we got told is early model, was supposedly found in Italy on Gothic like 60 years ago.

We also think somehow to restore it/add what is missing to be able to attach it to spare wheel of the bike (liner, chin straps, band is in)M38 - can please someone help us to tell us more about ?M38 - can please someone help us to tell us more about ?M38 - can please someone help us to tell us more about ?M38 - can please someone help us to tell us more about ?M38 - can please someone help us to tell us more about ?M38 - can please someone help us to tell us more about ?M38 - can please someone help us to tell us more about ?M38 - can please someone help us to tell us more about ?M38 - can please someone help us to tell us more about ?M38 - can please someone help us to tell us more about ?. Also if used oxalic acid, will it destroy the paint ?
    I really appreciate any hints!

Best regards
    MJ
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 - can please someone help us to tell us more about ?   M38 - can please someone help us to tell us more about ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 - can please someone help us to tell us more about ?
    P
    Many

Not a fake, its a 1940 model with the early spanner type vented bolts. An oxalic treatment will certainly tone down the rust and expose more paint ( and maybe more of the eagle) but dont restore it, it will only be this original once....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "