Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M38 Fallschirmjager helmet authentication

Article about: Hello, I would like to ask you to help me to identify my Luftwaffe M38 Fallschirmjager helmet. Bought in Greece. I was told that it is a German M 38 parachute helmet from the battles of the

Default M38 Fallschirmjager helmet authentication

Hello,

I would like to ask you to help me to identify my Luftwaffe M38 Fallschirmjager helmet. Bought in Greece. I was told that it is a German M 38 parachute helmet from the battles of the Allied forces with the German in the Battle of Crete in May 1941. It doesn't look like a fake but I’ve not found any marks inside. Is it an original one? Anyone can help, please.

Regards
    Botmalin

Attachment 1392789Attachment 1392790Attachment 1392791Attachment 1392792M38 Fallschirmjager helmet authenticationAttachment 1392794Attachment 1392795Attachment 1392796Attachment 1392797Attachment 1392798Attachment 1392799Attachment 1392800Attachment 1392801
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 Fallschirmjager helmet authentication   M38 Fallschirmjager helmet authentication  

M38 Fallschirmjager helmet authentication   M38 Fallschirmjager helmet authentication  

M38 Fallschirmjager helmet authentication   M38 Fallschirmjager helmet authentication  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 Fallschirmjager helmet authentication
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I do not like this at all.

The liner is fake as well as the liner band and chinstrap.

I can not be sure about the shell but it looks aged and fake to me as well.

I have never seen the large rubber/foam pads like this either but I will defer to others if they have seen this on originals too. This however doesn't change the facts.

One to walk away from.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks like an aged repro to me. The profile of the shell looks 'off', and the wear looks rather contrived. Not sure how much you paid for this one, but authentic M38 DD helmets have price tags in the tens of thousands.

It's also best not to disassemble helmets, as this can devalue an original piece by a considerable amount. One of the first things an experienced helmet collector will do is check the liner rivets to see if they've been tampered with.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    One of the first things an experienced helmet collector will do is check the liner rivets to see if they've been tampered with.

Regards, B.B.
    These do not have rivets, they have screws and nuts.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It IS a fake... When you look head on at the front rim of a fj helmet, there should be a slight dip downwards in the middle section. This one does not have it... I really hope that you did not pay loads of money for it.

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote by rbminis View Post
    These do not have rivets, they have screws and nuts.
    Ralph.
    I used 'rivets' as a catchall term. My observation on tampering remains the same. Whatever the attachment method, any signs of them being played with is a red flag.

B.B.

Another cheap Chinese fake. How come these M38’s always seem to have liners made by Karl Heisler of Berlin? Lol.
    Andy

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Another cheap Chinese fake. How come these M38’s always seem to have liners made by Karl Heisler of Berlin? Lol.
    Andy
    Because Heisler set up a subsidiary company in China after the war to make fake liners.

That’s what I thought Steve.

I'm not well versed with M38 helmets, but my first instinct was also a fake.
    Glad to see others agree.
    Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast