Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M38 fj et68

Article about: This arrived in the mail today. Thanks to the seller! A nice textbook M38 ET68 Fallshirmjager Paratrooper helmet. No batch number visible, probably behind the tight aluminum liner band. Line

No more of those pointy hats? What gives
    Z

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 fj et68
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    No more of those pointy hats? What gives
    Z
    Oh...they are still in my target. Just haven't found one I want yet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Lovely SD FJ Michael!
    Also interesting to see how low down the ET68 stamping is, meaning they had to have made it before they rolled over the edge as otherwise they couldn't have done it.
    Luis
    Last edited by PotatoDigger; 11-10-2020 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Brain short circuited

MAP
    ?

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    Lovely SD FJ Michael!
    Also interesting to see how low down the ET68 stamping is, meaning they had to made made it before they rolled over the edge as otherwise they couldn't have done it.
    Luis
    Very sharp eyes.

Yes, I noticed this as well this morning. An interesting "fact" that fills in one of the gaps in the helmet making process. One we probably never thought of before.

We've all seen the propaganda news reals but this part of the process was never shown.

you tube ww2 german helmet manufacturing - Yahoo Video Search Results

It is also highly likely that the missing lot # is also under the rolled rim. FJ's have little room to stamp, so easy to see how this could happen.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice early pads! Was it originally a double decal?

MAP
    ?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Nice early pads! Was it originally a double decal?
    Thanks Jim,

No. Always a single. The pads are foam. Not the very early rubber, but also not the black foam pads. Still deciphering all the parts. I think an early war time made helmet with transitional pieces (original to helmet). It doesn't have the earlier smooth paint. War time harness, war time paint too. But earlier liner, pads and bolts. But again, still going through it all. My other FJ was a late war example that was easy to ID LoL

Congratulations on the pickup, that's great "nice and used" example of the FJ helmet! Definitely one of the most interesting variants of the stahlhelm with all the history behind it. I have to ask but is the STG-44 fully functional?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Politefaun View Post
    Congratulations on the pickup, that's great "nice and used" example of the FJ helmet! Definitely one of the most interesting variants of the stahlhelm with all the history behind it. I have to ask but is the STG-44 fully functional?
    Thanks.

No, the STG is not. The upper receiver is cast aluminum. But the lower and the rest of the gun is all original. Don't think I could afford a fully functioning STG......nor is it legal here.

Great Helmet MAP,

I believe that this was misdirected to your address as I am still waiting for mine....

I would have to sell on of my kidney's to get one of these...

Enjoy it

Smitty

?

MAP very nice have fun with it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast