Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M38 that may have some potential.

Article about: As always I am interested to hear the various opinions of the forum. This M38 maybe an obvious one but there are some factors to it that makes me want to investigate further. I believe the l

Pal
    ?

Default M38 that may have some potential.

As always I am interested to hear the various opinions of the forum.
    This M38 maybe an obvious one but there are some factors to it that makes me want to investigate further.
    I believe the lot number is 4133 or 4433 hard to tell and communication to the owner is random. The photos supplied so far are a mix of clear details and not so clear.
    First the negatives- helmet shape just doesn’t look good (could just be the camera angle), the rolled rim (some areas look good but other areas not so good, could be inconsistent production), noticed a different paint type on the inside skirt with some with some overpaint on the metal liner and probably many more issues.
    Positives- the liner looks appropriate original aged, although the chinstrap appears to to be in a different state of wear.
    The liner markings are correct type set for this manufacturer.
    Anyway please give me your thoughts, you never know that someone else will find something positive.
    Thanks to all and have a happy new year.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 that may have some potential.   M38 that may have some potential.  

M38 that may have some potential.   M38 that may have some potential.  

M38 that may have some potential.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 that may have some potential.
    P
    Many

The shape of the shell is weird - although I suppose that could be a manufacturing fault. From the photos supplied I cannot see any 'dip' on the front rim, so you need to ask the seller for a frontal shot of the helmet so that you can see if it's there.

Cheers,
    Steve

Pal
    ?

Thanks Steve for the comment.
    I am attempting to get better photos supplied.
    By the way what did you think of the liner and chinstrap

Pal
    ?

Surely this helmet is worthy of more than 1 reply
    It definitely is an interesting one with various possible issues or maybe no issues!!

Quote by Pal View Post
    Thanks Steve for the comment.
    I am attempting to get better photos supplied.
    By the way what did you think of the liner and chinstrap
    I honestly cannot see any 'dip' in the side shots of the helmet. So logic would dictate (to me) that if the shell is fake, then the liner probably is too - no matter how real it may look. After all, why would someone use a valuable liner - if genuine - in a reproduction shell?

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote by Pal View Post
    Surely this helmet is worthy of more than 1 reply
    It definitely is an interesting one with various possible issues or maybe no issues!!
    The Christmas and New Year Holidays usually have members away visiting families and friends...I can guarantee that when the Helmet Gents see this thread...Harrys reply to you will not be alone.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Pal
    ?

Thanks Larry
    Yes I know you are correct.
    I guess I have no life.

Pal
    ?

Steve regarding use of original parts in reproduction helmets has happened previously.
    I have seen a reproduction M38 helmet sold with an original chinstrap harness.
    Just saying

MAP
    ?

I agree with Steve. A very odd shape. Maybe the angle of the photos but I don't think so.

The exterior seems also to have the paint striped down to the bare metal on the exterior.

I would want to see clear close up photos of the lot number and maker stamps.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Pal
    ?

Thanks
    Currently requesting that information but holiday period is making communication a little slow.
    Will definitely post when the information arrives.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast