Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M38 prices on the up?

Article about: In the last few months I have seen a massive increase in the prices of M38 helmets, mostly at the lower price end, for earlier single decal helmets. Whereas 3-4 years ago these were going fo

?

Default M38 prices on the up?

In the last few months I have seen a massive increase in the prices of M38 helmets, mostly at the lower price end, for earlier single decal helmets. Whereas 3-4 years ago these were going for Euro 4-5k, they now seem to be going for Euro 8-9k.

It may just be in a few cases, but I am seeing dealers posting these helmets at those prices and them being sold.

Is anyone else seeing this?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 prices on the up?
    P
    Many

I've noticed that prices have increased across the board -Helmets, Awards, SS Items, Firearms, etc- by about 30%, in tandem with rising overseas shipping fees...

MAP
    ?

Agree with Glenn. There has been an increase across the board. Not just on M38's.

While I will not sell it, I do know I can flip my SD M38 that I bought less than 2 years ago and make a very nice profit.

Furthermore you are seeing less and less nice SD M38's for sale. While always hard to find, now when a good one hits the market it doesn't last more than a few minutes.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I was surprised being at the recent Max Show that some items were still at Pre covid prices.
    You just had to find the right table at the right time.

More can be sold for less and the seller gained more in his pocket than a over priced item...that has taken longer to sell ..or didnt sell at all.
    Consitency IMO sells

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

TWS
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I was surprised being at the recent Max Show that some items were still at Pre covid prices.
    You just had to find the right table at the right time.

More can be sold for less and the seller gained more in his pocket than a over priced item...that has taken longer to sell ..or didnt sell at all.
    Consitency IMO sells

Regards Larry
    Wise words Larry.

I want an M38 FJ helm, but am completely unwilling to pay current dealer prices that I see.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

There are a few dealers pushing these prices up. The others follow. We likely all know who they are and they have always been the ones pushing high prices to begin with. Same thing happened to M41 DAK caps, suddenly $5K on their websites. Not reflective of any kind of shortage or any type of actual rarity at all. The usual suspects DAK, SS, FJ, Panzer followed by medals.

Save up is my best advice.

I've also noticed that once a dealer/seller has established himself, prices suddenly take a "Great Leap Forward", so to speak, lol...

TWS
    ?

Quote by 7againstthebes View Post

Save up is my best advice.
    Agree with your post, but my advice is rather "shop around". If looking for a particular item (or several) put the feelers out through your collector friend network and at the big shows expend some shoe leather walking around and checking all the tables. Like Larry said, there are some sellers with reasonable prices and/or willing to negotiate. At the huge shows like SOS and MAX, some table holders are not dealers and are collectors just looking to downsize or perhaps they are selling some items to fund a recent or pending purchase.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Quote by GlennAgain View Post
    I've also noticed that once a dealer/seller has established himself, prices suddenly take a "Great Leap Forward", so to speak, lol...
    Have noticed the same. Although some claim, justified or not, that upgrading their website or moving from on-line only to having a brick and mortar shop has raised their cost of doing business.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

In Europe and the UK (in my experience) you rarely, if ever, get private collectors selling high value items like an M38 at shows on stands. There seems to have been a price rise on M38's, especially early ones with the Luftwaffe eagle, both in the UK and Europe from Euro 4k a few years ago, to between Euro7-9k now. and I don't see this as coming from one or two 'chancer' dealers, but across the board. It may just be a price 'correction' on this category of M38, given the massive asking prices for M38 cammo helmets, but certainly has surprised me as the price heft has been around 30-40%. It may be supply and demand, a uptick in interest in these helmets or some other reason. Certainly these helmets never stay around long, and usually get snapped-up a day or two after appearing on most dealer websites here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast