Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M38 Relic helmet

Article about: This relic helmet is for sale in local auction. So my question is that is this authentic ww2 helmet? I know these are faked a lot and I would'nt want to waste my money on a rusty fake helmet

Default M38 Relic helmet

This relic helmet is for sale in local auction.
    So my question is that is this authentic ww2 helmet? I know these are faked a lot and I would'nt want to waste my money on a rusty fake helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M38 Relic helmet   M38 Relic helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 Relic helmet
    P
    Many

Purely based upon the pictures, which aren't great I would personally pass on it. It's better than the FJ helm I dug in the Ardennes back in 1991, which was in pieces but the orange flash rust and the presence of a National shield make me suspect this is a more recent concoction.

M38
    ?

As said, poor pictures but enough to convince me it is no good. The chinstrap and liner band are both repros for sure and that does not bode well for the shell either. But what little I can see of the shell I do not like. Need close up pictures of the front, both sides, rolled rim, shell stampings.......everything that is missing in these two photos. But I don't think it will change the outcome.

Cheers,
    Terry