Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M38 Review Request - From a Collection what do you all think?

Article about: Hi everyone, This is my first post and I'm new to the forum. I recently bought a large collection of WW2 items form an estate. Some are obviously fakes and some stuff has been published in b

If enough people report the listing, it might get pulled. But eBay isn't exactly well known for quickly removing fraudulent listings.

B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 Review Request - From a Collection what do you all think?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I do encourage Brad to come back and address the questions posed to him and explain his actions. We are open to hearing what he has to say.

However, I think he is content in just reading his email notifications and is not willing to step up to the plate and engage in a dialog.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ebay auction has been taken down it seems?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Well that’s an interesting development.

Brad newly arrived saying he had bought a collection and wanted to get opinions on the stuff. Everything he posted was fake or partly fake which included a claimed SS cap & tunic members quickly exposed as modified from a Heer uniform. I can understand he might be fretting over potentially spending a small fortune on junk, but that's no excuse to try an off load his misfortune on others. I hope he provides us all with an explanation.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    .....I hope he provides us all with an explanation....
    I do too and will give him a fair forum to explain. Maybe he removed the listing.

Edit: It appears that Brad did remove the listing himself. I do hope with the intention of not selling it as an original.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post

Of course, nobody with any common sense will buy a high-value item such as this one from eBay, especially from a seller with a no returns policy. But just as there are many unscrupulous sellers out there, so too are there many buyers with too much trust, too much money, and too little sense for their own good.

B.B.
    I don't sell much on eBay, but what I do sell is given a completely accurate description, good clear images, and is totally legitimate... and I also have a 'no returns' policy. There are too many d**k heads on there that mess about with the goods and then try to return them.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I don't sell much on eBay, but what I do sell is given a completely accurate description, good clear images, and is totally legitimate... and I also have a 'no returns' policy. There are too many d**k heads on there that mess about with the goods and then try to return them.
    Absolutely, the public!

I don't see any problem with the "no returns" policy because it does not apply when items are other than as described. If what is described is not what is delivered (exclusive of subjective opinion of course) ie the seller has obviously misrepresented it then the Ebay protection should cover you. Of course if it is just a difference of opinion then perhaps the buyer should be more circumspect, ask the right questions and dare I say be less gullible. All the advice often trumpeted here; better pics, know your subject, caveat emptor etc apply very much.
    As Steve says, often the buyer will be a moron with no clue and for one reason or another just changes his mind when he has already messed about with the item.
    I have not sold anything on Ebay (yet!) but I have bought hundreds of items of militaria but only got is wrong twice and one of those was returned for a refund.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 05-22-2020 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Steve. I didn't mean to imply that a returns policy is a necessity, simply that it is important to be cautious when buying from sites like eBay. At least half of my collection up to this point has come from eBay, and the majority of it was bought from sellers who didn't offer a returns policy. If you know what you're getting (and don't use PayPal friends and family) you needn't worry too much about getting scammed.

B.B.

Hi everyone, Im new to this forum so for some reason its not letting me reply on other threads of mine. Sorry I tossed this helmet after the first few days of everyone saying it was a fake. I don't want that crap in my collection. Sorry I didn't get photos to answer some of the questions first.
    Thanks for the answers everyone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast