Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M38 Review Request - From a Collection what do you all think?

Article about: Hi everyone, This is my first post and I'm new to the forum. I recently bought a large collection of WW2 items form an estate. Some are obviously fakes and some stuff has been published in b

Default M38 Review Request - From a Collection what do you all think?

Hi everyone,
    This is my first post and I'm new to the forum. I recently bought a large collection of WW2 items form an estate. Some are obviously fakes and some stuff has been published in books. This Fallschirmjäger helmet was one of the items from the collection. I don't know much about Fallschirmjäger helmets as I've never bought one before. Whats all your thoughts on it? Thanks in advanceM38 Review Request - From a Collection what do you all think?M38 Review Request - From a Collection what do you all think?M38 Review Request - From a Collection what do you all think?M38 Review Request - From a Collection what do you all think?M38 Review Request - From a Collection what do you all think?M38 Review Request - From a Collection what do you all think?M38 Review Request - From a Collection what do you all think?M38 Review Request - From a Collection what do you all think?M38 Review Request - From a Collection what do you all think?M38 Review Request - From a Collection what do you all think?M38 Review Request - From a Collection what do you all think?.
    Last edited by MAP; 05-15-2020 at 01:43 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 Review Request - From a Collection what do you all think?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

M38's are not a strength of mine. Hopefully someone will be around shortly.

The strap condition however appears very new compared to the rest of the interior.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Not one i would buy ,

The decal is a post war reproduction.

The wear on the liner band is much worse than on the liner and chinstrap so this points to a possible replacement.

Welcome to the forum..

Looking forward to seeing the other items from the collection you purchased..

Hopefully we will have better news on the other items..

Smitty

MAP
    ?

I forgot to mention this in my first post and happy to be wrong or hear from other (where is Terry when you need him) but I'm not sure that is the correct textured paint either.

Examples I have held (not too many) with that earlier vented spanner bolt configuration had smooth paint. Mid war non-vented slotted bolt examples I think had a light textured paint. And as I hold my very late war flared rim (vented/slotted bolts) example, it too has a very light textured paint.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    I forgot to mention this in my first post and happy to be wrong or hear from other (where is Terry when you need him) but I'm not sure that is the correct textured paint either.

Examples I have held (not too many) with that earlier vented spanner bolt configuration had smooth paint. Mid war non-vented slotted bolt examples I think had a light textured paint. And as I hold my very late war flared rim (vented/slotted bolts) example, it too has a very light textured paint.
    M38 Review Request - From a Collection what do you all think?

?

Not Good!

Wire decal , and I suspect even the liner is bad. Shell even as well perhaps , can you post a photo of the maker stamp.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast