Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need opinions on this Fallschirmjäger helmet...

Article about: Hi all. I have an opportunity to purchase this Fallschirmjäger helmet, but before I even engage in a discussion with the owner I wanted to run it by the experts here to get opinions. For me

?

Default Need opinions on this Fallschirmjäger helmet...

Hi all. I have an opportunity to purchase this Fallschirmjäger helmet, but before I even engage in a discussion with the owner I wanted to run it by the experts here to get opinions. For me these are some of the most challenging helmets to authenticate.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions on this Fallschirmjäger helmet...
    P
    Many

it looks a god one to me.

M38
    ?

It's all bad, even the shell. My advice is to stay far away.

Cheers,
    Terry

?

Thanks Harry. Am I correctly detecting a camo paint pattern with this helmet or is it just wear that I am seeing? Also, what is the reason behind the wire, and is there a way to know whether or not it is original to this helmet?

Quote by M38 View Post
    It's all bad, even the shell. My advice is to stay far away.

Cheers,
    Terry
    Wow Terry.... i doubted the liner but the shell looked ok. Is it the font size?

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

M38
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Wow Terry.... i doubted the liner but the shell looked ok. Is it the font size?

Dan
    Yes. Also in the 7th picture you can see the uneven rolled rim, and in the last picture you see the sharp angle of the scallop of the front brim. Both features should be much smoother.

Cheers,
    Terry

?

So we're sure this is a fake, no doubt about it? I know the photos aren't the best so if it comes down to needing more photos (higher quality and better lighting) I am happy to request them from the owner.

MAP
    ?

Quote by dzyner View Post
    So we're sure this is a fake, no doubt about it? I know the photos aren't the best so if it comes down to needing more photos (higher quality and better lighting) I am happy to request them from the owner.
    If Terry thinks its bad, I don't think you need any further validation.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    If Terry thinks its bad, I don't think you need any further validation.
    I only asked for further comment because Henry posted it is good, Terry posted it is bad, and then Dan seemed shocked that at least the shell wasn't ok. It is always tricky when you have so few replies and with such a mix of opinions. Typically (in my experience) opinions are unanimous.

Terry, please don't take offense to the above. I appreciate your insight but I don't know what your experience is with these helmets anymore than Harry's or Dan's (or anyone else's for that matter). I assume by your avatar image you are an expert with these helmets?

M38
    ?

Quote by dzyner View Post
    I only asked for further comment because Henry posted it is good, Terry posted it is bad, and then Dan seemed shocked that at least the shell wasn't ok. It is always tricky when you have so few replies and with such a mix of opinions. Typically (in my experience) opinions are unanimous.

Terry, please don't take offense to the above. I appreciate your insight but I don't know what your experience is with these helmets anymore than Harry's or Dan's (or anyone else's for that matter). I assume by your avatar image you are an expert with these helmets?

No offense taken dzyner. It is my opinion that this helmet is 100% bad but again, that is just my opinion.

As far as an expert, I would never claim to be one. I have been collecting since the 1960's and have written and helped with a few helmet books and in recent years I've specialized in para helmets. I have about 6 dozen of them. But I do not claim to be an expert.

Cheers,
    Terry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast