Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nice looking Fallschirmjager helmet.

Article about: Another find today at a militaria shop. Looks good to me, but love to hear your thoughts.

?

Default Nice looking Fallschirmjager helmet.

Another find today at a militaria shop. Looks good to me, but love to hear your thoughts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice looking Fallschirmjager helmet.   Nice looking Fallschirmjager helmet.  

Nice looking Fallschirmjager helmet.   Nice looking Fallschirmjager helmet.  

Nice looking Fallschirmjager helmet.   Nice looking Fallschirmjager helmet.  

Nice looking Fallschirmjager helmet.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nice looking Fallschirmjager helmet.
    P
    Many

I hate to burst a man’s bubble, but this is not good to my eye

?

Please ignore the SS decal photo. Trying to do this on my phone.

?

Hello, something looks odd about the Luftwaffe decal. But I can’t put my finger on what looks weird on it. Raul

MAP
    ?

Bad decal IMO. Amongst other things look at the talons.

Whole helmet is a modern Repo to me. Details of ink stamps are not what I've seen on a Heisler liner. Color of helmet is wrong based on these photos. Overall condition is like new for reenactors.

These are not a strength of mine so would love to be corrected if I'm wrong.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I can confidently say that the colour of the paint is definitely wrong.

The lighter cream colored padding on the helmet is a nice touch, but not original. You can easily tell by giving the spongy padding a squeeze. If it is still compressible and springs back, it is likely not 80 years old. In my experience, I have NEVER felt original fallchirmjager helmet padding that is NOT rock hard and a bit flakey.

The leather portion of the lining looks like it was artificially aged with leather/wood stain. Not to mention the chin straps look a little too wide.

I agree with MAP that this would make a good reenactor helmet though.

Another small note, the national tri-color shield decal looks like it was applied a little too crooked

?

All bad, sorry.

Repro junk.

Listen / Read the comments and it may save yourself a fortune.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast