MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

one more Question for Fallschirmjäger Helmet M38

Article about: Friends, here one more chance to biy a helmet. What is your opinion?

?

Default one more Question for Fallschirmjäger Helmet M38

Friends, here one more chance to biy a helmet. What is your opinion?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture one more Question for Fallschirmjäger Helmet M38   one more Question for Fallschirmjäger Helmet M38  

one more Question for Fallschirmjäger Helmet M38   one more Question for Fallschirmjäger Helmet M38  

one more Question for Fallschirmjäger Helmet M38   one more Question for Fallschirmjäger Helmet M38  

one more Question for Fallschirmjäger Helmet M38  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement one more Question for Fallschirmjäger Helmet M38
    P
    Many

Keep looking for a much better chance than this. Its Chinese junk.

Before you go rushing into purchasing such a high end item, you need to familiarise yourself with the true shape of the helmet as opposed to the Chinese version. You need good head on shots of the front of the helmet so that you can observe the shape of the front rim, there is a characteristic 'dip' in the middle portion of the rim. Chinese copies do not have this. There are other signs to look for in a fake, but the most obvious is that dip to the front rim. I dare say others will also guide you with more things to look for, but if the shell is wrong, you can almost guarantee that the rest is too.

?

Harry, thank you for your opinion. Do you have a picture of an original and a copy to compare the frontside?

?

What do you think about this one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture one more Question for Fallschirmjäger Helmet M38   one more Question for Fallschirmjäger Helmet M38  

I dont collect FJ Helmets, so here just a site with usefull information: Fallschirmjager helmets – German Helmet Vault

While I shouldn't be surprised, it saddens / amazes me that someone could take what has SO many obvious errors to it and bury it in the mud for X amount of time in a hope of convincing folk it was a 'ground dug' original ...... people have way too much time on their hands!

Get em' on a chain gang, breaking rocks - that'll sort them out!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The second one has a Bundeswehr net on it - so someones trying to 'tart' it up ..... that's enough for me to doubt it.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I recognize the style of photos.
    I think it’s an ebay seller and he sells all kinds of fake items as original. Restored helmets (Normal and FJ, usually with a suspiciously identical looking camo) but gets away with it no problem.
    He also likes to sell bad repro chinstraps but says they’re in „Arsenalzustand“ „arsenal condition“
    If you’re looking for a FJ helmet, eBay ain’t the place to look for it.
    Luis
    Last edited by PotatoDigger; 06-04-2020 at 03:16 PM.

I recommend doing your own research first, look at the forum posts, the sites i recommended to you, and you might find enough information to search for pieces that have a higher chance of being original.
    The internet is stuffed full with fake FJ helmets, as much and maybe even more then with fake SS helmets, so finding a nice original one is for sure not cheap, and does take some time and effort.

?

Friends, thank you for the help. Now i am wondering, the helmet was sold for 2687,00 €.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast