Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original M38 helmet cover?

Article about: Hello guys My best friend found this M38 helmet cover in the cellar of his grandma he said its for an ET71 size helmet Is this helmet cover real or fake? I hope someone of the experts can he

Default Original M38 helmet cover?

Hello guys
    My best friend found this M38 helmet cover in the cellar of his grandma
    he said its for an ET71 size helmet
    Is this helmet cover real or fake?
    I hope someone of the experts can help my friend
    Regards
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original M38 helmet cover?   Original M38 helmet cover?  

Original M38 helmet cover?   Original M38 helmet cover?  

Original M38 helmet cover?   Original M38 helmet cover?  

Original M38 helmet cover?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original M38 helmet cover?
    P
    Many

?

Suuuuuuuuure it was mate
    M 38 Helmet Cover Splittertarn genuine?

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Exact same item shown here by another member but then it had been bought from Spree Militaria.

So, found in a cellar or bought from a dealer? Plus the question of authenticity.

Now I am curious.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

sorry about the Story but thats what ive been told and he offered me that for 3000€

?

What your best friend did?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Exact same item shown here by another member but then it had been bought from Spree Militaria.

So, found in a cellar or bought from a dealer? Plus the question of authenticity.

Now I am curious.

Regards

Mark
    Not simply the same cover but the same photos.

Bavarian did you take these photos or did your friend send them to you?

?

If I were you Bavarian, I would ask your friend whats going on...
    Edit: Oh, you might be doing that right now.
    Edit 2: I hope you are, at least.

Slim chance (who ever owns this) that you will get a concrete answer in regards to authenticity on this forum. This cover if original, is possibly the single, most expensive, rare item of German WW2 collectibles. You need to contact a few dealers to look at it. If they cannot authenticate, they should be able to direct you to some experienced collectors for such an item. Multiple posts here will not get you an answer.

I had mentioned two dealers yesterday to the other member that "might" be able to help. Did you bother to write them & send pics ?
    D.

Quote by Watchdog View Post

Now I am curious.

Regards

Mark
    Now come on Mark... is there any need to be so cynical about this? The answer is straightforward enough. Bavarian's friend has a granny that spots the M38 helmet cover for sale on the website of Spree Militaria... and realising it's true worth, she snaps it up for 7,995 euro's. Not wanting to risk having it stolen, she then hides it in her house. Being somewhat advanced in years, poor old granny expires without revealing her piece of TR treasure. Along comes Bavarian's friend - poor old granny's grandson, and while helping his parents to empty granny's house he discovers the M38 helmet cover in the cellar. Not knowing anything about these items - but knowing his friend collects TR militaria, he offers it to Bavarian for 3,000 euro's.... simple!

Cheers,
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast