Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real fj helmet?

Article about: Is this a real fj helmet it’s for sale on ebay

Default Real fj helmet?

Is this a real fj helmet it’s for sale on ebay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real fj helmet?   Real fj helmet?  

Real fj helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real fj helmet?
    P
    Many

While eBay can be a good source for militaria, that isn't the case for high end items. FJ lids are comparatively rare and expensive, and you simply aren't going to find one anywhere other than through a reputable dealer or veteran collector. These helmets often change hands for five-figure sums, and I'd wager this one is being sold for a mere fraction of that. Save your money and aim lower; you'll avoid much disappointment.

B.B.

MAP
    ?

Always be careful if the seller is not providing clear photos and enough photos of critical areas. All we have are three very poor photos. No way to evaluate a helmet.

The shape looks good to my eyes but overall I can't really form much of an opinion. Maybe others can.

The rolled edges look too flat with no observable crimp line. Would need to see a nice clear close up.

Here are photos of my aluminum liner band and zinc as well as the rolled edges.

This liner band seems to be zinc covered steel and these should be welded and not riveted. If however it is an earlier Aluminum liner band, they were almost always welded as well and only in rare cases (and from one manufacturer - B&C) were they riveted.

Real fj helmet?

Real fj helmet?

Real fj helmet?

Real fj helmet?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The e bay helmet is fake.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

#1 has been given the full treatment, but its post 1945 as Adrian says.

Thanks for the reply’s