Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmjager Abzeichen.

Article about: Hi Chaps. Could do with some help with this one. My first thoughts are that it is wrong, as I'm not to convinced with the rivets. Your comments will be greatly appreciated. Atb Mark

Default Fallschirmjager Abzeichen.

Hi Chaps.
    Could do with some help with this one. My first thoughts are that it is wrong, as I'm not to convinced with the rivets.
    Your comments will be greatly appreciated.
    Atb
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjager Abzeichen.   Fallschirmjager Abzeichen.  

Fallschirmjager Abzeichen.   Fallschirmjager Abzeichen.  

Fallschirmjager Abzeichen.   Fallschirmjager Abzeichen.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjager Abzeichen.
    P
    Many

I think you are right.

Hi Mark, I do think that it is odd that whoever attached the Adler created the same "strike marks" on the surrounding area of the wreath by both pins? I think it is trying to be an un-marked Assman award looking at the hardware but I would really like to see some nice "straight on" images of this one, both back and front to make a call on it's originality. Leon.

Hi Leon
    Thanks for your input. Unfortunately these are the only pictures I have, and I able to get any more.
    Personally I think I would steer clear of it.
    Cheers

Hi Mark,

I agree with Leon, the badge appears to be trying to be an all zinc Assmann 'type G' badge that is oddly unmarked. The main problem for me is the eagle. It's not a match for an Assmann bird, but it is in my opinion in fact a BSW eagle, and that ain't right.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Cheers Ned, one to steer clear of for sure.
    Appreciate your comments chaps.
    Atb

Hi guys,

saw this badge too a while ago. The badge itself is an original badge...we see an Steinhauer & Lück Cupal Eagle with an Assmann wreath. But the badge is for me not an real Hybrid badge....the eagle and wreath has an repaired rivetting imo. You can see the upper rivet on the eagle wing on the obverse side looking through.

So, all in all an massed badge for me.

KR
    Joe

I would never have got that. A very good synopsis Joe, and very plausible when looking closely at the evidence you supply.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.