Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen ASSMANN

Article about: Hi Guys, could you please give me your views about this badge?, thanks, Juan

Quote by ironcross13 View Post
    just been looking in my Parratrooper book, is this a late war Assman? in my book it only has a late war assman with a L/64 with a A stamped on the back, says made in 1944-45 decline in quality from wartime conditions
    or did Assman make early badges allso?
    heres some pics of what im reading i do see the marking as different on the back
    Attachment 844361Attachment 844362Attachment 844363
    This is indeed a late war para badge from Assmann in your book and yes Assmann made very early para badges. Assmann, Deumer and Juncker made the so called A-type badges before the war started in 1939. But they are very hard to find, especially the Assmann A-type badge....when you guys see one for sold, pease let me know!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen ASSMANN
    P
    Many

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    This is indeed a late war para badge from Assmann in your book and yes Assmann made very early para badges. Assmann, Deumer and Juncker made the so called A-type badges before the war started in 1939. But they are very hard to find, especially the Assmann A-type badge....when you guys see one for sold, pease let me know!
    yes thanks will do, im waiting on my Luftwaffe and Heer Paratrooper Badges by Thomas, M
    then ill have alot more info about these great badges

Martin

Quote by ironcross13 View Post
    yes thanks will do, im waiting on my Luftwaffe and Heer Paratrooper Badges by Thomas, M
    then ill have alot more info about these great badges

Martin
    Got mine yesterday! It's a really heavy tome and fantastically informative, you won't go far wrong with this superb reference book!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Lightbulb

Great Ned, I am in the process of buying it, agree with the heavy, costs me 32 Euros the Transport, that s nearly have the price of the book
    Quote by big ned View Post
    Got mine yesterday! It's a really heavy tome and fantastically informative, you won't go far wrong with this superb reference book!

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Great Ned, I am in the process of buying it, agree with the heavy, costs me 32 Euros the Transport, that s nearly have the price of the book
    yeah im waiting to buy some Awards from them then ill order the book, saves on P+P

Hi Ned, finally bought the book, thanks again, you have saved me some money, Best Regards, Juan

Hi guys, I am looking at all threads. This Badge I bought sometime ago, happy with it. What type is in your opinion?

If I may give you my opinion, it looks that the wreath, hinge/pin and catch are from type E, but the Eagle looks more that of Type F?

Hi, look at the rivets, they are not the nice smooth, rounded looking ones one would like to see. Maybe your right, and have a E-F combo. It is maybe possible it had been "fixed" or whatnot

Quote by jamoros View Post
    If I may give you my opinion, it looks that the wreath, hinge/pin and catch are from type E, but the Eagle looks more that of Type F?
    Hi Juan,

It's clearly a type 'E' badge as the wreath is nickel silver as opposed to the type 'D' which is the same design but made in brass. What's throwing you off about the eagle shown in the book is that it's not been trimmed correctly. The narrow gap between the tail feathers and the left wing, and the same area between that wing and the right one have not been filed out after being stamped , whereas that of the type 'F' in the book has. The type 'F' has a completely different wreath made from zinc.

To quote the book pp.77:

"Note that the eagle has not been completely finished; the flashing was not trimmed away between it's wings and tail feathers after being die struck. This uncommon feature can be found on other Assmann variants and was not just confined to type 'E' badges".

There's your answer, no mysteries.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast