MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Assmann for review

Article about: Good afternoon everybody. My friend bought this Fallschirmschützenabzeichen by Assmann and is looking for confirmation of authenticity. Many thanks in advance.

Default Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Assmann for review

Good afternoon everybody. My friend bought this Fallschirmschützenabzeichen by Assmann and is looking for confirmation of authenticity. Many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Assmann for review   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Assmann for review  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Assmann for review   Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Assmann for review  

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Assmann for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Assmann for review
    P
    Many

It's an Late war original in my opinion.
    The area that should have the cut out section below the outer wing is still in place. I have only ever seen this in reproductions. I have now learned that these are considered to be very late war originals.
    The hook has got a base plate. The original I like should have a broad flat wire hook made from one piece of metal.
    The obverse looks very weak on both the wreath and eagle.

There are some really super reproductions of Assmann paras.

All the best
    Doug

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Assmann for reviewFallschirmschützenabzeichen Assmann for review
    Last edited by Saladin; 02-18-2022 at 08:06 PM.

Thanks for the reply Doug. My friend will be disappointed, but best to know as they say

I have noticed the same type of badge on Mr Weitze's site. Do you think that his is also fake? Sorry I can't download the images
    Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen im Etui - Assmann (357551) - Decorations of the Luftwaffe - Military Antiques

Oh, now I have to eat humble pie.
    It seems that this badge is considered to be a very late war example.

I have puled the pictures off the website for completeness although it pains me to see a badge in such poor condition in what is not a bad looking box.

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Assmann for reviewFallschirmschützenabzeichen Assmann for reviewFallschirmschützenabzeichen Assmann for review

And another of the same type:

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen Assmann for reviewFallschirmschützenabzeichen Assmann for review

All the best
    Doug

Thanks Doug, I hadn't got round to telling my friend before answering your post, but now i can tell him the good news that it is the late war type. many thanks once again. Andy