Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres

Article about: So....what are your thoughts? Best pictures I have. No idea of the price being asked yet. Just sent these pictures. The front appears to have a repair at the bottom right but nothing on the

MAP
    ?

Default Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres

So....what are your thoughts? Best pictures I have. No idea of the price being asked yet. Just sent these pictures.

The front appears to have a repair at the bottom right but nothing on the backside.

These badges are beyond my expertise and also probably beyond my price range at the moment but want to know before I have it in hand.

Thanks and Regards,

Michael

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des HeeresFallschirmschützenabzeichen des HeeresFallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres
    P
    Many

Hi Mike,

Looks like a good 2nd pattern (1943) zinc badge with the round wire variant catch. Better wait for Joe's opinion to be sure though.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Ned.

Probably out of my price range (just spent all my cash on an SS helmet) but want to be sure just in case.

Any news on your "purchase'?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am not to familiar with the Heer paratrooper badges, but i like also what i can see. Riveting, set-up, hand finishing, eagle and wreath looking for me all typical for an Juncker badge. Had an look in Mr. Durantes great paratrooper book and compared it there too.

It is listed in the production time frame of Juncker as 3. pattern Ned.

Kind regards
    Joe

P.S: I agree with the wreath. Looks like based on this pics, that the front had an repair. Reverse is looking without repair. It is possible, that there was an crack, who was repaired. It is often to see in this production time frame, that the badges made by Juncker have cracks. But still a nice badge!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    I am not to familiar with the Heer paratrooper badges, but i like also what i can see. Riveting, set-up, hand finishing, eagle and wreath looking for me all typical for an Juncker badge. Had an look in Mr. Durantes great paratrooper book and compared it there too.

It is listed in the production time frame of Juncker as 3. pattern Ned.

Kind regards
    Joe

P.S: I agree with the wreath. Looks like based on this pics, that the front had an repair. Reverse is looking without repair. It is possible, that there was an crack, who was repaired. It is often to see in this production time frame, that the badges made by Juncker have cracks. But still a nice badge!
    Thanks for the feedback Joe (and Ned).

Will see what it is offered at. If a good price and if a lay-away plan is available I might consider it.

I like it looks ok.

It is still in fine condition imo, others I have seen were in worse shape. You are very lucky with the price you paid!

MAP
    ?

Thanks Chris. On lay-a-way for now but I had it in hand last week and it is in nice shape. Yes, there is a period repair to the front but actually I like that. Definately an issued and worn example. Not a MIB piece.