Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe ....FLL ?

Article about: Hello everyone. I would like to know what my colleagues think about this badge. Thank you in advance for any comments and opinions. Regards.

Default Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe ....FLL ?

Hello everyone.
    I would like to know what my colleagues think about this badge. Thank you in advance for any comments and opinions.
    Regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe ....FLL ?   Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe ....FLL ?  

Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe ....FLL ?   Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe ....FLL ?  

Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe ....FLL ?   Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe ....FLL ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe ....FLL ?
    P
    Many

Sorry, some of the photos are not properly rotated. I don't know how to fix it.

?

Maybe Ralph or one of the Mods can re-orientate the photos.

In my opinion this is a good, late war zinc badge by FLL - Friedrich Linden, Ludenscheid. I believe this is a type C but open to correction. The reverse hardware is correct for this maker and this badge.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

raz
    ?

I see the talons are non existing and the eagle seems very soft so IMO would like clear straight pictures to be sure . Like Adrian says the hardware is a match but the front feathers and talons need better photos right side up .

Hello.
    Thank you for your comments, opinions and time. Some new photos.
    Regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe ....FLL ?   Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe ....FLL ?  

raz
    ?

Thank you for the new pictures . I will say I still don't like the talons and absence of legs . Here are 2 pictures of FLL type C and type F badges and F comes closest to matching the obverse IMO .Type C is a first type eagle and type F is a second type ( per Durante's book ). I defer to other more experienced members for more discussion .

Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe ....FLL ?Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen der Luftwaffe ....FLL ?

?

If it is a fake, it's a bloody good one. The large hole in the wreath for the wing rivet is there like you would find on an original.
    What do you think about the finish on the eagle? Original paint or modern paint?

raz
    ?

Never said it was fake Adrian . Trying to get more input . The paint looks like original paint to me compared to others . As far as the large hole in the wing I am at a loss because I don't see any , again trying to get more info from people . Honestly I think it is original with type F eagle and type C hardware ( reason for photos ) , just seeing if anyone has seen this type before with the bad talons .

?

Have a look at the wreath under the wing tip. There is a wide hole there. Looks like a dark semi circle because only part is visible.

raz
    ?

Now that you mentioned the hole I looked again at the 1st pictures and it is there on the obverse as shown in the book , thank you . Like I said more info from more experienced members . Do you think it is a !st or 2nd type eagle ?

Dennis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast