Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen by Friedrich Keller - Real or Fake

Article about: Hi everyone, I have a Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen that I would like to hear your opinions on. Some of the details seem a bit soft to me and the pin also is quite thick. I am no expert so tha

?

Default Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen by Friedrich Keller - Real or Fake

Hi everyone,

I have a Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen that I would like to hear your opinions on.
    Some of the details seem a bit soft to me and the pin also is quite thick.
    I am no expert so thank you for any input.

Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen by Friedrich Keller - Real or FakeFallschirmschutzenabzeichen by Friedrich Keller - Real or FakeFallschirmschutzenabzeichen by Friedrich Keller - Real or Fake

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschutzenabzeichen by Friedrich Keller - Real or Fake
    P
    Many

This is a post war pin.
    That would make me suspect the entire badge.
    As far as I know, this is not a known maker of this award.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

I would agree with Ralph
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I would agree with Ralph
    Me too I'm afraid.

As Ralph says the pin is quite wrong for a wartime badge and the maker name is spurious. Friedrich Keller was a TR maker but not of these badges (I think one of their products was belt buckles if I recall correctly).

I don't like the rest of the badge either. It looks like a casting to me and the eagle looks a bit like a Gebruder Schneider bird with that distinctive outline around the eye but the detail looks soft and poorly defined plus the reverse has some pretty big pits in it.

I am sure I have seen this maker mark on a fake FJ badge before but I can't recall where. Either way I don't believe it is original.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thank you for the replies!