Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Frankenstein fallschirmschützenabzeichen badge?

Article about: A little point of discussion... IMO... JMME tombac eagle mounted on an Assmann zinc A1 wreath, pin/hinge repaired... Welll I think is an Assman A1 because is slighty visible what seems to be

Default Frankenstein fallschirmschützenabzeichen badge?

A little point of discussion...

IMO... JMME tombac eagle mounted on an Assmann zinc A1 wreath, pin/hinge repaired...

Welll I think is an Assman A1 because is slighty visible what seems to be a "1" on the wreath...

It,s possible? What do you think?

PS: I know...sorry, bad photos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Frankenstein fallschirmschützenabzeichen badge?
    P
    Many

Quote by GRIFFON333 View Post
    A little point of discussion...

IMO... JMME tombac eagle mounted on an Assmann zinc A1 wreath, pin/hinge repaired...

Welll I think is an Assman A1 because is slighty visible what seems to be a "1" on the wreath...

It,s possible? What do you think?

PS: I know...sorry, bad photos
    Sorry to revive an old thread, GRIFFON333, did you ever find out more information on this?

I have a similar issue with my fallschirmschützenabzeichen badge. A Juncker Eagle mounted on a Steinhauer und Luck wreath. I had the opportunity to have Mr Durante look at it and this was his observation. TIA

?

Interesting badge.

MakaMeleko, have you got any pics of your badge?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yessir I do. to add more contrast, what started out as a question of "is it real", I asked Mr Durante for his opinion on this badge as the marking of F&BL thru me for a loop, I was wondering if this maker was the unknown maker opposed to FLL. after showing Mr Durante the badge, he told me it was a Juncker marked eagle and that the badge has seen many changes over its life. It was denazified, then renazified, the Juncker mark was polished off and a F&BL mark was added. he labeled this badge a Frankenstein Badge. I did a quick google search and this thread appeared. coincidently another Frankenstein badge. I find this coincidence is rather odd.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Frankenstein fallschirmschützenabzeichen badge?   Frankenstein fallschirmschützenabzeichen badge?  

Frankenstein fallschirmschützenabzeichen badge?   Frankenstein fallschirmschützenabzeichen badge?  

Frankenstein fallschirmschützenabzeichen badge?   Frankenstein fallschirmschützenabzeichen badge?  

Last edited by MakaMaleko; 11-26-2023 at 07:05 PM.

?

That's a very unusual badge and the number of changes that have occurred to it are mind boggling as to the reasons why. Crazy!
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-14-2023 at 03:20 PM.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    That's a very unusual badge and the number of changes that have occurred to it are mind boggling as the the reasons why. Crazy!
    I have more craziness to add. ha

this badge was owned by my nephew's wife, this is family I have here in West Virginia that I only recently met. Her great-grandfather was the veteran that owned this badge and many others. He was Luftwaffe and I ended up buying his entire collection from her. I have his medals, pins/tinnies from when he was in Hitler Youth all the way up to his Luftwaffe flak badge. 11 badges/pins in total. the addition of a new maker mark is what is most confusing to me and raises questions for me that will probably never be answered. I wonder if great grandfather denazify it so that he could still use it, did he fix it after moving to the united states, why was the maker mark polished off and a new stamp added. ill probably never know. I did add his badges/sets to my little museum and that is where it will stay until my end.

?

As you say, so many questions that will never be answered. We can only guess the history behind it but you have the provenance. Anything else is just speculating.
    But it's an interesting badge nonetheless and thank you for showing it here.