Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on this GWL Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Article about: I am looking to purchase this badge and I wanted to get some input before doing so. Thank so much! Regards, Sam

Default Thoughts on this GWL Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe

I am looking to purchase this badge and I wanted to get some input before doing so. Thank so much!

Regards,

Sam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on this GWL Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  
    Attached Images Attached Images Thoughts on this GWL Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  Thoughts on this GWL Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  Thoughts on this GWL Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  Thoughts on this GWL Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  Thoughts on this GWL Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this GWL Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Default re: Thoughts on this GWL Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Has anyone seen these type of rivets?

Hello Sam, The "X rivets" are fairly scarce and are seldom seen. They were used to tighten up badges that had become loose. This very same badge was run through the forum here 3 years ago. They couldn't get a consensus on it then, but it is, indeed, a correct badge. According to the poster back in 2009, it was supposed to have been brought back by his father. Is this the same story being given with it today? It was vetted over on the WAF and passed just fine. Here is the discussion if you want to read it. GWL Paratrooper badge with tightened rivets? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    And here is the original posting Here of this badge in 2009 also: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...l-value-14342/
    Note, however, that in 2009 the poster's name is "Tom" and today, in the WAF, his name is now "William Kramer". You can make of this what you will, of course.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

William is a member here, user name All1knew. He has several items for sale in the classifieds.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Did you get this badge from "Justadealer" Tom then? He must have, as the 2 badges are the same. Still a nice badge, in any case!
    William

I bought it from William. I have bought several items from him and all are very nice! I was just concerned about this piece, but not anymore. This is my first one and I know that the GWL are rare and now I know that they are even rarer with those rivets. Thanks for your help and for showing me the original thread! I really appreciate it!

Regards,

Sam

Default Re: Thoughts on this GWL Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe

I've always liked the quality of the GWL pieces. Gebrüder Wegerhoff of Lüdenscheid made some Very nice badges-unfortunately, due to the war-time restrictions on materials, they usually had low grade metals to work with. A shame, as they were usually more than equal to some of the "big name" companies.
    William

Hi guys

Few comments from my side with your permission.First of all : always good attitude in this hobby is to evaluate the item not the seller's reputation. Regarding GWL : as other makers , they used a lot of zinc and quality of their zinc Heer products are far away from satisfactory ( CCCs , IABs etc ).
    However on their Luftwaffe products we can always find high qiuality of finishes - example : PO. Some of GWL's POs - the most beautiful type finish used among all makers ( imo ).

Regarding para which started this thread : original IMO and not only because I have similar one. Once mine left the darkness of being stored under floor in Germany - on one of the forums it was called a fake by some of experts and some of so called experts.Because of rivets.Same rivets could be found on Staegemeir products.But please remember - this smart ass is not producing fantasy pieces but very good copies of originals.On the end - this type of rivets landed in Tom's D. book as accepted originals (?).

I had examined mine taking into account forensic attitude - finger prints to be present on all products of certain maker.And they are there,Therefore - I feel perfectly comfortable with my badge.

haappy collecting
    flieger23

P.S.check polished edges on para below , swastika ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on this GWL Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe   Thoughts on this GWL Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

Thoughts on this GWL Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe   Thoughts on this GWL Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

Close up of rivets - no doubt it's a factory job not any field repair . By the way - box was also called a fake ...

Joachim - please - no , don't say you don't like it...

regards
    flieger23
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on this GWL Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe   Thoughts on this GWL Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

?

As always Flieger your knowledge of Luftwaffe badges is very welcome and appreciated.
    The badge you show is stunning, one of those examples where a photo will never show the true quality of finish.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast