Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ugly Cloth Fallschirmschützenabzeichen

Article about: A few months back I picked up a U.S. Ike jacket grouping from a friend of mine. I was told he found the items at an estate sale in Ohio back in 2017. Pretty much all of the militaria was bei

Default Ugly Cloth Fallschirmschützenabzeichen

A few months back I picked up a U.S. Ike jacket grouping from a friend of mine. I was told he found the items at an estate sale in Ohio back in 2017. Pretty much all of the militaria was being sold off in separate auctions, but thankfully he managed to win each auction and keep the grouping together.

All of the pieces in the grouping are American with the exception of one item, a cloth German paratrooper badge. I definitely thought it was an awesome find, but there are a couple of things that make me a bit hesitant about it. For starters the beak on the eagle doesn’t look like what I expect it to. I guess it could be fine, but something about the beak feels off to me. Lastly the bottom arm of the swastika looks pretty wonky. It’s certainly not proportional with the other three arms.

Could anyone shed some thoughts on this cloth badge? In hand the construction and wear feels right to me, but the design IMO looks ugly. I suppose manufacturing flaws could be to blame here, but you never know. I’m really curious to hear what opinions you guys may have.

P.S.- My apologies if I posted this in the wrong section. I also hope I’m using the correct terminology here.

Ugly Cloth FallschirmschützenabzeichenUgly Cloth Fallschirmschützenabzeichen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ugly Cloth Fallschirmschützenabzeichen
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks like a good type 2 example to me. Happy to be corrected
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I agree with MAP looks ok to me too.

Not ugly at all in my opinion! Looks like my example that came out of a Vet grouping.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ugly Cloth Fallschirmschützenabzeichen  

Well awesome!

I really appreciate everyone's thoughts on this example. I guess it was just me being paranoid again. I'm going to display this patch alongside my other German cloth items.

Paranoia is a good thing to have in this hobby. It will look great in your collection

MAP
    ?

Quote by John4022 View Post
    Not ugly at all in my opinion! Looks like my example that came out of a Vet grouping.
    Nice John. Your's looks like a Type 1!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here it is nicely displayed alongside some of my other cloth items

Ugly Cloth Fallschirmschützenabzeichen