Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Stuttgart feuerschutzpolizei belt buckle

Article about: Picked up this little beauty today. Love the design on this piece. Rossi

all I do see is current, anyway post-war.

The one starting the thread is an old production, most of the others
    are from a later date, which is most often visible by the shiny look
    of the light-weight metal. Some are from inferior quality metal.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stuttgart feuerschutzpolizei belt buckle
    P
    Many

?

So the buckle is post war production? We are certain of this? I am unclear and wanting to know for my knowledge going forward.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

I cannot offer any insight on the age and exact purpose of the buckle, but do allow me a general observation:

The term Feuerschutzpolizei is often misunderstood and used to refer to any Third Reich-era firefighting service. However, it is more complicated than that:

Fire departments are Feuerwehren. There were - and are - Freiwillige Feuerwehren [volunteer fire departments] (to include Pflichtfeuerwehren [compulsory fire departments]) and Berufsfeuerwehren [professional fire departments].

From 1936 to 1938, the professional and volunteer fire departments had the status of a Polizeiexekutive besonderer Art (roughly "Police executive force of a special status") and were collectively referred to as the Feuerlöschpolizei (Firefighting Police).

After 1938, most of the professional fire departments made up the newly-formed Feuerschutzpolizei [Fire Protection Police] and thus became part of the police proper, while the volunteer fire departments had the status of a Technische Hilfspolizei (Technical Auxiliary Police) and were under the supervision of the Hauptamt Ordnungspolizei [Main Office of the Order Police]. (The Technische Nothilfe and Luftschutzpolizei also had that status.)

Police-style buckles (with the Swastika over a half-wreath and the "Gott mit uns" motto) were introduced in 1937 for all fire departments and were, of course, also worn by the Feuerschutzpolizei. Prior to this, fire department buckles had come in many different designs, both with heraldic symbols for the respective state, province or municipality or generic firefighting-related designs.

Thus, a buckle with a state- or city coat-of-arms is never a Feuerschutzpolizei buckle.

(Hope I don't come across as an old nitpicker, but this is a bit of a pet peeve of mine.)

?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post

Hi Wim,

So when you say “the one starting the thread is an old production” what vintage are you thinking? The buckle I posted.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I cannot offer any insight on the age and exact purpose of the buckle, but do allow me a general observation:

The term Feuerschutzpolizei is often misunderstood and used to refer to any Third Reich-era firefighting service. However, it is more complicated than that:

Fire departments are Feuerwehren. There were - and are - Freiwillige Feuerwehren [volunteer fire departments] (to include Pflichtfeuerwehren [compulsory fire departments]) and Berufsfeuerwehren [professional fire departments].

From 1936 to 1938, the professional and volunteer fire departments had the status of a Polizeiexekutive besonderer Art (roughly "Police executive force of a special status") and were collectively referred to as the Feuerlöschpolizei (Firefighting Police).

After 1938, most of the professional fire departments made up the newly-formed Feuerschutzpolizei [Fire Protection Police] and thus became part of the police proper, while the volunteer fire departments had the status of a Technische Hilfspolizei (Technical Auxiliary Police) and were under the supervision of the Hauptamt Ordnungspolizei [Main Office of the Order Police]. (The Technische Nothilfe and Luftschutzpolizei also had that status.)

Police-style buckles (with the Swastika over a half-wreath and the "Gott mit uns" motto) were introduced in 1937 for all fire departments and were, of course, also worn by the Feuerschutzpolizei. Prior to this, fire department buckles had come in many different designs, both with heraldic symbols for the respective state, province or municipality or generic firefighting-related designs.

Thus, a buckle with a state- or city coat-of-arms is never a Feuerschutzpolizei buckle.

(Hope I don't come across as an old nitpicker, but this is a bit of a pet peeve of mine.)
    Thank you for details as always. No worries on it. Not my area of deep knowledge so I gained today.

?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post

Wim / Ben, Here is the buckle I posted originally. It is pictured in Angolia's Buckle Book of the Third Reich (revised edition). It is shown on page 444 (pictured below) for Enlisted Westfalen. I guess I am curious as to the comments and opinions of it being post war? What vintage or year was it manufactured and in use if not during 1939-1945?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Wim / Ben, Here is the buckle I posted originally. It is pictured in Angolia's Buckle Book of the Third Reich (revised edition). It is shown on page 444 (pictured below) for Enlisted Westfalen. I guess I am curious as to the comments and opinions of it being post war? What vintage or year was it manufactured and in use if not during 1939-1945?

Hello,

Angolia is not god either .........

As i statet , a 100% post war police buckle of Westfalen .By the way , the only variation with standing ponytail is Westfalen !
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

Quote by yellow12 View Post
    Hello,

Angolia is not god either .........

As i statet , a 100% post war police buckle of Westfalen .
    Markus,

never said he was god. dont give any of us that credit or anyone period. I was just posting for reference as Wim had mentioned it in a prior post. Thanks for your opinion and feedback.

?

Quote by yellow12 View Post
    Hello,

i'm not shure but i think it is a postwar Police buckle from Westfalen .
    I also was not sure because in your initial post you said you were not sure. So I guess since it is my buckle I wanted to make sure.

?

I will respectfully disagree with my WRF peers on this buckle being post war. Early October I ran this possible purchase past Ben who said it was Weimar / Third Reich period. Prior to picking the buckle up I also ran past two other buckle collectors and did as much study as I could on the buckle. I believe this buckle to be made around 1937.

Regards,

Rossi

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast