Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is this?

Article about: My friend Garry got this from one of his pickers. The photos are lousy but I don't like it. The prongs are wider than normal. Thanks for any other opinions.

?

Default What is this?

My friend Garry got this from one of his pickers. The photos are lousy but I don't like it. The prongs are wider than normal. Thanks for any other opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is this?   What is this?  

What is this?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this?
    P
    Many

?

Question

I would say some variety of a veterans buckle - Stahl Helm or ReichsKriegers Bund or ?
    Never seen one like it.
    Sarge

Never seen one Kirby, again some from of veterans buckle?
    Ben

I really like this somewhat unusual buckle, although it is challenging to provide an accurate assessment by and with all due respect, such grim and limited digital images as provided.

Perhaps an 1847 style box (50mm in height) or an 1895 style box (48mm in height) with however 1847 style claws, spaced at 15mm/16mm?

Difficult to gauge from the images provided.

In my opinion, a 1920's "vanity" or "commemorative" buckle worn by someone who served in the Great War. An overt way to show your service and keep your kegs up, with no official association whatsoever to any veterans organisation. Still, a "veterans" buckle and as a side note, the exact method of affixing the emblem to the box is well documented.

Potentially and in my opinion, a highly collectible and unusual buckle.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Glad it has a chance of being Original. I asked Garry to try to take some better photos and measurements. I also forgot the catch is stamped with a three leaf clove BWS logo for Bruder Schneider Wein.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is this?   What is this?  

Last edited by kirby; 11-15-2016 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote by kirby View Post
    Glad it has a chance of being Original. I asked Garry to try to take some better photos and measurements. I also forgot to meation the catch is stamped with a three leaf clove BWS logo for Bruder Schneider Wein.
    Now that is interesting
    Ben

Default An apology

I feel that I owe the Forum an apology for my earlier thread, now that we have confirmation that the buckle is marked with the logo for Lenkwerk Brueder Schneider, Wien VI.

I now think that the buckle displays the emblem of the Austrian "Heimwehr" and not as I suggested, a generic and post Great War, veterans symbol.

My apologies.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Thanks David I'll pass that on to Gary.

?

Very interesting buckle. Any date stamps on the leather belt?

Austrian Heimwehr/Home Guard...Cool!
    cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast