Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1934 Reichswehr Gasmask Set

Article about: A recent addition and a piece I’ve been after for a long time now. A great example of the 1934 production Gasmask canister, it is paired with a K (1934) date Gasmask and a civilian filter.

Default 1934 Reichswehr Gasmask Set

A recent addition and a piece I’ve been after for a long time now. A great example of the 1934 production Gasmask canister, it is paired with a K (1934) date Gasmask and a civilian filter. The maker is unfortunately unknown as of now. It also has a name written on the bottom. The straps are early leather reinforced examples, still in great shape and clearly has an ink stamp remaining.

The civilian filter likely got paired with this set in the late 1930s. Although made and used by the armed forces these early reichswehr sets did often (not always) find themselves reissued to civil organizations in the late 1930s. If this was the case here it likely explains why it remains in such excellent shape.

This is the final canister I needed for my collection goals, now I just need a GM24 mask and tube to complete my prewar Gasmask/canister collection.

Happy Hunting,
    Bodhi

1934 Reichswehr Gasmask Set1934 Reichswehr Gasmask Set1934 Reichswehr Gasmask Set1934 Reichswehr Gasmask Set1934 Reichswehr Gasmask Set1934 Reichswehr Gasmask Set1934 Reichswehr Gasmask Set1934 Reichswehr Gasmask Set1934 Reichswehr Gasmask Set

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1934 Reichswehr Gasmask Set
    P
    Many

Took this picture, nice representation of Gasmask containers used by the Reichswehr.

1934 Reichswehr Gasmask Set

Hello,
    Great stuff and the condition is at the top as usual. This set is very well preserved, as if issued two months ago...and left at the barracks during training. Congrats and thanks for sharing with us.
    The picture of the entire family rocks
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thank you JP! It definitely took me a while to find one in this condition but I’m glad I waited.