Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1935 Field Phone

Article about: Here’s a nice piece I added to my collection, these 35 dated phones are rather hard to find so I settled for this one even if the condition isn’t perfect. I’m no expert on these guys b

Default 1935 Field Phone

Here’s a nice piece I added to my collection, these 35 dated phones are rather hard to find so I settled for this one even if the condition isn’t perfect. I’m no expert on these guys but I think it’s all complete (without battery) unfortunately the little crank handle has broken. Got it for a pretty good deal so I’m happy to have finally picked one up for the collection.

The phone itself is a later example so if I ever find one with the early eagle I may replace it but it’s not something that bothers me too much.

I did forget to take pictures of the date like a fool so I took a quick one just now to show it.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

1935 Field Phone1935 Field Phone1935 Field Phone1935 Field Phone1935 Field Phone1935 Field Phone1935 Field Phone1935 Field Phone1935 Field Phone1935 Field Phone
    1935 Field Phone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1935 Field Phone
    P
    Many

Great pre-war item,love the case so art-deco period,nice find Bodhi...........

Very nice Bodhi

A great addition IMHO. An early date in that condition is good.
    John

Hello,
    Nice 1935 dated FF33, congrats for getting such a nice example.
    Unless the seller told you that he changed the telephone handset or he knows when it was done and who has done it, you'd better just consider that this replacement was wartime done. Replacing damaged parts was a common use for this kind of equipment.
    The toughest quest starts now as you need a carrying strap for this FF33.
    Below is a photo of what looking for, considering the early date stamped on this field phone, the leather example is the one you need (the web one does not fit a 1935 FF33).
    Thanks

1935 Field Phone

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

nice get Bodhi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Cheers gents I appreciate all the good feed back.

JP, I’ve been looking to complete it since I got it, I have seen a few leather straps that I considered. Even saw a 1935 dated manual for the FF33 but it was very expensive so I passed it up.