Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1942 Truppenfahrrad question

Article about: Hello, I have this TruFa and it has been repainted so I cannot see any markings under the paint, has Torpedo rear, quick release handlebars. Tires are not original and seat is not as well, m

Default 1942 Truppenfahrrad question

Hello,

I have this TruFa and it has been repainted so I cannot see any markings under the paint, has Torpedo rear, quick release handlebars. Tires are not original and seat is not as well, mainly use for reenactment but original tires and seat are at friends house. I am mainly concerned about the front tag, have not seen one like this with WaA before. but my knowledge is limited on these bicycles.

Torpedo bearing is dated 1935 with letter block of “K”.

I think the tag is fake and was put on as a replacement for original? I think the bike is a period german civilian bike.

thank you in advance!

1942 Truppenfahrrad question 1942 Truppenfahrrad question 1942 Truppenfahrrad question 1942 Truppenfahrrad question 1942 Truppenfahrrad question 1942 Truppenfahrrad question 1942 Truppenfahrrad question 1942 Truppenfahrrad question 1942 Truppenfahrrad question 1942 Truppenfahrrad question 1942 Truppenfahrrad question 1942 Truppenfahrrad question
    Last edited by 1stSSLSSAHTexas; 05-22-2019 at 09:29 AM. Reason: ADDED MORE PHOTOS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1942 Truppenfahrrad question
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

These are not something I know anything about but that SS Waffenampt code (Wa1) did exist if the card in the photo below is original.

Further a Heer code to Wa1 is for Berlin-Suhler Waffenwerke, Suhl 1937-40. Don't know if the same codes were used for SS and Heer.

1942 Truppenfahrrad question
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yeah, i was hoping that was not SS runes I saw. I get skeptical anytime i see them on “original” items. Maybe original, maybe not? Never seen a TruFa with this tag before so was just curious. But it’s not my area either honestly.

Thank you for the comment!

Mike
    Last edited by 1stSSLSSAHTexas; 05-22-2019 at 07:52 AM.

MAP
    ?

That whole front plate looks suspect to me as you note. But again, we are the blind leading the blind here....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

HAHA. yes. Blind leading the blind for sure! I assume it is a German civilian bike. Rear Torpedo bearing is dated 1935 with the letter “K” manufacture block.

So i’d assume it’s a 35 made bike or around there of the period.

Still curious to what this is exactly.