Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Afrika Korps Spoon

Article about: Hi everyone, what do you think of this spoon with the Afrika Korps marking? I know it is difficult to determine if a spoon is authentic, but what do you think? Thank you for your answers

Default Afrika Korps Spoon

Hi everyone, what do you think of this spoon with the Afrika Korps marking? I know it is difficult to determine if a spoon is authentic, but what do you think? Thank you for your answers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrika Korps Spoon   Afrika Korps Spoon  

Afrika Korps Spoon   Afrika Korps Spoon  

Afrika Korps Spoon  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrika Korps Spoon
    P
    Many

I think I'd be angry with my dear wife if she gave me a spoon this dirty! LOL I also have a few of these spoons and forks but always question their authenticity because what is the use in marking them? If it's cheap, I'd pick it up for conversation and not worry about it. Personally, I don't see why they would put a palm tree on to of their national symbol.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

As I understand, the Swastika-palm emblem was reserved for vehicles mainly and not field equipment. We do see the emblem however, on the famous Tunisia stamp and also the DAK calendar books.
    The film Raiders of the Lost Ark took a few liberties with the wooden crate, I suppose

A postwar fake IMO - it seems that the area of tableware has been added to the list of rotary engraved faked daggers, bayonets etc. Best Regards, Fred

No it's definitely not cheap, the seller asks 100 dollars. Thanks for your responses, I'll pass this time.

Quote by SilluAgain View Post
    No it's definitely not cheap, the seller asks 100 dollars. Thanks for your responses, I'll pass this time.
    A good decison IMO, that means you can spend $100 dollars on an authentic TR period item. Posted a somewhat better closeup - I strongly suspect that a little paint remover or lacquer thinner would reveal some fresh tool marks. And with the current low prices in the tool marketplace I expect that we will see more legitimate period items lose their collectibility with added fake markings. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrika Korps Spoon  

CBH
    ?

Looks laser engraved to me, all the end points are rounded, look at the swastika for example. Engraving tools leave a sharper end point then this shows.

Save your money, Friend...This is fake, "Uber-Nazified Kitsch"...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrika Korps Spoon  

Thank you all for your answers!