Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

"Banner" Luger

Article about: Hello Friends. I have come across this "Banner Luger" and know nothing about them. I did a little investigating but could not find any description of what it is. Would some of you

Default "Banner" Luger

Hello Friends. I have come across this "Banner Luger" and know nothing about them. I did a little investigating but could not find any description of what it is. Would some of you be kind enough to educate me on this item? Is it different from a military Luger and how? Is it desirable?

I did not know where to post this question.

Thanks,

William

"Banner" Luger"Banner" Luger"Banner" Luger"Banner" Luger"Banner" Luger"Banner" Luger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Banner" Luger
    P
    Many

If you're referring to a manufacturer's logo, that would make it a commercial pistol. They were manufactured to be sold on the civilian market, although some private contractors would have purchased them as well.

B.B.

Mauser banner pistols were also used by the police and army. Yours does have the military acceptance marking and numbered magazine. The mag might not be correct for the gun. Most were issued with plastic grips but wood grips have been noted on original guns. I would post this to the Luger gunboards for a more detailed response as I am not an expert on Luger's. Jan C Still Luger Pistols Central Powers Axis Pistols Discussion Boards From Gunboards.com
    John

If the mag is numbered with the correct serial # why might it not be correct for the pistol? Later marked mag?

Thanks for your reply and help.

William

- - ------- - -

Thank you B.B.

William

A matching number mag does not necessary mean it is matched to the correct gun. It looks like a Police marked mag in a army accepted gun. It also appears the original number could have been sanded off and re-stamped as this was done with far too much frequency to make matching rigs by unscrupulous people. There was a guy in Minnesota that created many matching lugers' 20 years ago. It takes more knowledge than I have to determine if it is correct.
    John

Thanks John, good answer. Who can trust anything any more? I appreciate your reply.

William