Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Camouflage dynamo flashlight.

Article about: Good day to all. Whose manufacture? The camouflage itself is not a paint, but was made together with the body.

BTR
    ?

Default Camouflage dynamo flashlight.

Good day to all.
    Whose manufacture?
    The camouflage itself is not a paint, but was made together with the body.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camouflage dynamo flashlight.
    P
    Many

Don't recognise the maker, these are not wholly military issue. The colour coming from the bakelite formula used. Looking at the clean screw heads I would guess it is post war. But if you feel brave you could see if there is an materialprüfungsamt mark on the inside of the bakelite parts.

?

The only reference to Elho (I can find), is a plastics manufacturing company, based in Spain, formed in the mid-1960s.
    That said, it is a cute torch!

BTR
    ?

Maybe post-war.
    Still, there are doubts about the post-war release of this flashlight. In favor of the doubt - the screws, like the lens holder, are made of aluminum, a number is stamped on the handle, it can be assumed that it is pre-war. I took it apart, there is no materialprüfungsamt inside, but as my practice shows, in some cases this does not mean anything at all. A similar flashlight from Braun manulux, which was used in the Wehrmacht, does not have a materialprüfungsamt inside, but there is a small Waffenamt mark on the outside.
    But the most interesting thing is that this flashlight and the mentioned Braun manulux flashlight, at first glance, visually have an identical mechanical and electrical device, with some minor differences.
    If there is interest, I can take a photo later.

?

Did nobody use aluminium, or stamp numbers on things, after the war then?
    I’m really not following your logic..

BTR
    ?

This is just an attempt to reason, what I am leading to, and before the war they often used aluminum, and the number may indirectly indicate that the flashlight was made for the army. But the most important thing is that information and descriptions on post-war things can be found on the Internet in huge quantities, but on some pre-war things - information is sometimes completely absent. And if, conventionally, the number on the handle of the flashlight is tied to the number of pieces produced, then we get more than 5500 pieces of flashlights unknown to mankind in the world )))
    Here is a comparison with a Braun manulux flashlight, WaA586, which was supplied to the Wehrmacht.

BTR
    ?

Is it Dutch?