Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Camouflage gas mask canister - research question

Article about: Hi all, I'd like to ask any owners of camouflaged gas mask canisters if they could post pictures of them and maybe a bit of info on where it was, if possible. I'm doing a bit of research for

Default Camouflage gas mask canister - research question

Hi all,

I'd like to ask any owners of camouflaged gas mask canisters if they could post pictures of them and maybe a bit of info on where it was, if possible. I'm doing a bit of research for myself on this subject. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camouflage gas mask canister - research question
    P
    Many

Here is mine. not sure where it would have come from, but you can clearly see the green and tan paint on top of the factory paint.

Hope this helps some.

regards, Warbuff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camouflage gas mask canister - research question   Camouflage gas mask canister - research question  

Camouflage gas mask canister - research question   Camouflage gas mask canister - research question  

Musta been bored Warbuff - they cammoed the lens compartment too!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Hey - I had a whole thread for this can - and pretty-much everyone agreed, that this camo paint has a good shot to be original.
    The camo has "fall" (dark-red, green, yellow) colors - most likely belonged to an SS member (hence the scratched out name on the lid) wearing "fall/oak" molted or dot pattern clothes.
    The mask inside has 1944 dates, the can's date not readable on the latch & the date on the inside lid is under the name-tag.
    Also, it has a pencilled name on the inside lid: " gef. VOGEL "

(The can's back-latch has a repair /welding/, cannot tell if war-time or post-war, but anyone who did it, done a fairly good job, I didn't notice it at first look)

Cheers,
    Fabe

Camouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research questionCamouflage gas mask canister - research question

...and probably looked pretty good with a jacket like this:

Very cool, guys! Thanks!

Hello,
    Two tone camouflaged canister, light brown & light green...this one was found in France
    click on the photos...

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

and the last ones...

Thanks

In Memoriam :

Another question. How common was it to see the Graugruen canisters? I know the Feldgrau was more common, but does anyone own a Graugruen?