Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Can somebody identify please this unusual mystery WWII German Hamburg metal war tag from 1941? It has marks but also a word Post.

Article about: Dear Sirs. I've discovered an unusual metal tag that I believe was from WWII Germany and could be used for domestic or international shipments. I am not sure what this is because it just say

?

Default Can somebody identify please this unusual mystery WWII German Hamburg metal war tag from 1941? It has marks but also a word Post.

Dear Sirs.

I've discovered an unusual metal tag that I believe was from WWII Germany and could be used for domestic or international shipments. I am not sure what this is because it just says Post 1941 Hamburg and there are no other numbers. Could somebody help me to know more about this tag? I am surprised that it didn't have any ID numbers on it.

At first, I thought that could be a tag from a holster or a bag but I had never seen tags of that type, especially with the word Post.

Can somebody identify please this unusual mystery WWII German Hamburg metal war tag from 1941? It has marks but also a word Post.

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can somebody identify please this unusual mystery WWII German Hamburg metal war tag from 1941? It has marks but also a word Post.
    P
    Many

I could be wrong but to me it looks like one of those eastern European made fantasy trinkets that you see for sell on the Krakow antiques markets, especially with that waffenamt ! Regards Paul

WaA100 was issued to Paul Klopfer, a leatherworks in Berlin. Nothing to do with Hamburg or the post!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

If it wasn't for the addition of the WaA mark then it might look similar to an example of a Rucksackmarke, but with such text on it I agree it looks more fantasy than reality thus far.

?

Thank you, everybody! I agree. It is a reproduction piece. I've also noticed that the eagle has more feathers than the original mark. So it is a reproduction tag made to look like a real one, which never even existed.