Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Carbon Overprint Wehrmacht zelt

Article about: Look here please on this zelt. Both bottom corners are sewn like an italian zeltt. Buttons also look like italian. Tom from Netherlandes Describes the same tent as being carbon-impregnated M

Default Carbon Overprint Wehrmacht zelt

Look here please on this zelt.

Both bottom corners are sewn like an italian zeltt. Buttons also look like italian.

Tom from Netherlandes Describes the same tent as being carbon-impregnated

MP44.nl - German Uniforms and Equipment - Zeltbahn 31

Do you think this tent is carbon-impregnated ? I don't have a night vision device. Therefore, it is not possible to check.

How is this impregnation expressed? I don't really understand - should there be a different color of the material or other signs?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Carbon Overprint Wehrmacht zelt   Carbon Overprint Wehrmacht zelt  

Carbon Overprint Wehrmacht zelt   Carbon Overprint Wehrmacht zelt  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carbon Overprint Wehrmacht zelt
    P
    Many

Hard to see as it's too crumpled. Flatten it out if you can.

i can`t to do it, because i`m not an owner

Tough call indeed…..
    I do think it has a chance…. If you look at the part which i indicated it could be a carbon overprint (with rounded corners)

If you are looking to buy it i would asko for better (detailed) pictures……

Of course inspecting it personally would be the best option……

Tom

Carbon Overprint Wehrmacht zelt

I know that the first night vision devices appearedof the Germans at the end of 1944. No army in the world at that time had such an invention. If no one had such devices for the Germans, then why did the Germans make tents with carbon impregnation, which does not allow these tents to be seen through night vision devices?

In that case, why are the Germans considered the inventors of the night vision device? And why didn't the Americans use it against the Germans?

?

Quote by samland View Post
    In that case, why are the Germans considered the inventors of the night vision device? And why didn't the Americans use it against the Germans?
    Because early Gen 0 Night vision devices were pretty primitive and ineffective, so they weren't used in large numbers during the war to my knowledge.

Why were only tents covered with carbon, and no other equipment? An experiment ?

The Germans were experimenting with uniforms that had ‘Anti night device’ properties.

Leibermuster camouflage.
    The fabric had light-absorbing properties in the infrared spectrum, due to the use of Aniline black dye, in order to counter observation by early night vision devices
    M45 | Equipment Wiki | Fandom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast