Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Couple of interesting Patronenkasten34's

Article about: Hey all, new around here. I recently acquired what appear to be Patronenkasten34's from France. One looks like its been through hell, the other is somewhat of an oddball. The beat up one: Do

Default Couple of interesting Patronenkasten34's

Hey all, new around here. I recently acquired what appear to be Patronenkasten34's from France. One looks like its been through hell, the other is somewhat of an oddball. The beat up one: Does anyone know what the red stripe, and what looks like IV(at least that's what it looks like to me) painted on the bottom could mean (There also appears to be some kind of impact mark right next to the red stripe). There is also a 4 digit number on the top that is badly faded (gun number?). The second ammo can looks like it has been interestingly done up to be someones tackle box/tool box in France post war, but its actually in pretty good shape. The etch work is very intricate with a crappy paint job on top.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Couple of interesting Patronenkasten34's   Couple of interesting Patronenkasten34's  

Couple of interesting Patronenkasten34's   Couple of interesting Patronenkasten34's  

Couple of interesting Patronenkasten34's   Couple of interesting Patronenkasten34's  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Couple of interesting Patronenkasten34's
    P
    Many